Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading one of the FaceBook Dodge Charger promo's that come up on my time line and there was a discussion from someone who had read that the 2015 Charger with the V6 is totally mismatched to the transmission in it.. Since the posting individual was not an owner ,well....

Anyway I think he was mixing up what he had read about the Chrysler 200 and its Nine Speed and confusing that with the Chargers 8 speed. Since I owned a 2015 Chrysler 200 I do feel that 9 speed tranny belongs in no production car accept perhaps a 90hp diesel.. So I can say I have compared the 6 in both cars with first hand knowledge.... Unlike a five speed or 6 speed the 8 speed in the Charger is slow to kick down so you don't get that immediate pick up when you go to pass someone.... you have to allow time for the revs to pick up or kick it down using more throttle pressure.... probably more than you are certainly used to with a five or 6 speed... Performance wise I am happy with the car... just passing someone quickly requires a learning curve so you don't get killed....

just an FYI if you read same.. draw your own conclusions if you have a 2015 with the 8 speed and V6.... reverse can be jarring... I try to park anyway I can avoid having to use it... Dodge says it's normal.. of course...:driving:

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts

Reactions: POWERMAN
1 - 3 of 3 Posts