Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching a long time and have been keeping my eyes on ebay for months and I still haven't been able to find painted driver and passenger side mirrors. I know I could take them to a body shop or place an expensive order through a dealer, but are there no online shops that sell these painted side mirrors? Ideally I'm looking for 'Bright Silver' mirrors. Does anyone have a part number on 'Bright Silver' painted side mirrors? Thanks:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I've been searching a long time and have been keeping my eyes on ebay for months and I still haven't been able to find painted driver and passenger side mirrors. I know I could take them to a body shop or place an expensive order through a dealer, but are there no online shops that sell these painted side mirrors? Ideally I'm looking for 'Bright Silver' mirrors. Does anyone have a part number on 'Bright Silver' painted side mirrors? Thanks:bigthumb:
You can do what I was going to do until someone actually had the mirrors that I wanted including paint color.

Go check out Cleveland Pick A Part, or your local junk yard they usually have the mirrors you're talking about, more than likely not the color. Take them home sand them down go to your dealer get a can of paint (about $10 but it's like 8 oz. more than enough for the mirrors though) and some clear coat and paint away! You can get these mirrors from junk yard for really cheap too, I can't quite remember how much mine were but it was something like $90 for both mirrors together. Good luck! It's difficult to find these but when you do oh man are you going to love it! They should have given all the cars these mirrors, just gives the car a more finished look. :beerchug:

Oh and for paint codes and all that here's a link you'll be going back to a lot! I know I do. How Do I Do....Everything?!

Bright Silver Metallic: M04889428AA

·
Registered
82 Posts
A word of advice: find a bright silver RT and get the VIN. Use that VIN to look up the part numbers for the mirrors. The reason you want to do this is that the mirrors between LX models are not necessarily interchangeable. Just because a mirror part pulls up "LX" doesn't mean it will fit your car. Trust me - ask me how I know...

Good luck

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I don't think 300's mirrors are the same as Chargers, but I do know that Magnum mirrors are not interchangeable with Charger's.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
I noticed a 2010 SXT with painted mirrors. Is this standard now? Would the 2010 SXT painted mirrors fit an '07?
It might be, they seem to always change the standard of what makes a SXT an SXT. But any Charger year from 06+ mirrors will in fact fit.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I noticed a 2010 SXT with painted mirrors. Is this standard now? Would the 2010 SXT painted mirrors fit an '07?

All the Charger mirrors are painted body color for 2010. (SE, SXT, R/T, SRT8) Also all (but the Road & Track & SRT8) Chargers have chrome grills. Its the end of the line thing. Got to use up all those parts before the new 2011's are built. It also make the last of the current body style look better too. :driving:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
All the Charger mirrors are painted body color for 2010. (SE, SXT, R/T, SRT8) Also all (but the Road & Track & SRT8) Chargers have chrome grills. Its the end of the line thing. Got to use up all those parts before the new 2011's are built. It also make the last of the current body style look better too. :driving:
I'm not so observant...

I did notice the new car has the fold away mirrors, didn't even notice they were painted... :cowsmile:

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I prefer to keep my mirrors black as they blend in with the tinted windows better. If they were painted body color it would break up the lines of the windows and stick out drawing more attention. I don't want my mirrors to be a focal point on my car. Case in point, notice how hard it is to see the mirrors on both my car and truck in my sig pic

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't notice painted side mirrors before:eek: I got rzr xp1000 accessories from Kemimoto, I guess you could check whether they have or not. Have a good day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts