Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a "Kill two birds with one stone" post.

Two things that bug me about my baby are the mirrors and the weak horn.

On the car I have the B & C pillar posts chrome covered, but my mirror are the stock factory black. I want to either get them chromed to match the rest or get them color coded to match my car, I would prefer the color coated ones, has anyone order aftermarket color matched one? if so where did you get them? same for the chrome, if anyone has chrome mirrors let me know how you like them and where you purchased them, does the chrome stand up to the bug splat on the highway? I know ebay has many of these but I don't want the cheap chrome looking ABS plastic crap.

The other thing I seriously want to upgrade is the horn, does anyone else notice how ****ty and weak our horns our? with the total awesomeness that is the charger when you press the horn, nothing less then a sonic boom should be heard.

Has anyone upgrade the horn? if so what did you use and where did you get it?

I considered a train horn in the trunk but I need the space for a stereo, then I considered this type of set up

http://cgi.ebay.ca/12V-Dual-Air-HOR...oryZ6763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But I'm not sure where I'd be able to fit the trumpets under the hood, and if I was to get that setup I would get it from Wolo, not eaby.

The second horn replacement I looked at is the Bad Boy Chrome from Wolo

www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm

second one down, smaller and looks like it could fit behind the grill or mounted on the fender.

So some opinions and suggestions would be great, any experience doing any of the above let me know any pros & cons

Thanks dudes & dudettes

Brock

·
Registered
620 Posts
I managed to get a set of R/T mirrors (heated, color matched, and folding) from another member who got them from a scrap yard. He wanted them for his Magnum, but they didn't fit. I got them for a good price. I think mine came from Cleveland Pick A Part originally. They seem to have alot of LX vehicles. Maybe check them out.

The train horn would sound awesome.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Have 4 Train Horns On My Charger And A 7 Gallon In The Trunk They Sound Crazy I Never Use The Factory Horn
where did you mount the trumpets? any pics? do you have it connected to the steering wheel? or an alt switch?

I'm giddy like a schoolgirl, I really really really want a train horn I just hate to sacrifice my trunk space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts