Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With financial freedom now, I want to get back into debt ;)!! Well... ok, I mean I want to purchase a Charger finally.

I am going to be selling off or trading in my 03 Subaru Forester.

So I am looking @ a 2007 Charger RT w/ 42k.
It's fully loaded (sunroof / Rear dvd player ((for the kids))
Do you guys think $19K out the door is too much for it?

Also, a buddy of mine said to take a look @ the SXT's also.
I always lacked HP (as you can tell) and this time I want power.

So any input about this deal I will be getting be worth the purchase?

If anyone says I should go lower on the price, I think they said "they're firm on it".

Thanks.:beerchug:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Good luck! I would go with the R/T. Make them an offer. Worse they can say is "no" and then tell them your gonna shop around.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I'd try to get them down around another $700 or so.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well depends how fast you want the car. Even the sxt can jam, however these days i find myself looking into trading my sxt for an R/T, only because i always want more power, lol
Just look at what you are willing to spend or can afford and go from there
19 sounds about the going price, perhaps offer 18,500

·
Registered
80 Posts
i was looking at an sxt when i found my rt with r&t with 32k. test drove it and fell in love with it. definitely wouldnt get the 3.5. 19 isnt a bad deal on what your looking at, i paid 19 for mine, but didnt have the dvd player and fewer miles. if your comfortable with it then go for it

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd say go with the R/T. You'll never regret the extra power and the mileage is pretty close to the 3.5. I paid 18.5 for mine with similar miles, but no dvd; your deal sounds pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'd say yes, especially since the dealer local to me is advertising this car:

http://dodgehq.calls.net/new-inventory/2009-Dodge-Charger/0750a9ad7f00000101f8f72f18ebb01b.htm

at just under $20k WITH qualifying customer loyalty cash (IIRC, it's like $1,500 or $2,000 right now).

EDIT: Just noticed a couple discrepancies in the listing, it shows the HEMI, but lists it as 178 HP, which is obviously incorrect.

Also, the dealer had an ad in the newspaper this past weekend with that vehicle stocking number with the sub-$20k price listed.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Go R/T... The gas mileage difference is surprisingly near the same, and you can't beat the "fun" factor.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Went through a similar deal this August. Paid 23.6K for an 08 RT with 22K miles on it and they gave me 9.6K for my 01 Subaru Outback VDC with 93K miles on it. I have been very happy with the trade and the payments are very affordable. I think buying used is the way to go, especially if you have some warranty left on the Charger. With that in mind, I don't think they are asking too much for the '07. You could check prices on Autotrader.com and maybe you could show them some of the quotes on similar cars and get them down a little bit. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN POWER going from the Subaru! Plus, now I can break the tires loose in a straight line on dry pavement!

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's a fair price but try to go slightly lower. I got an R/T with 17k miles for $19,000 this January but mine doesn't have a DVD player or sunroof. And yes go for the R/T, test drive both and you won't even think SXT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey guys, thanks for you input. I just put my car up for-sale, ($7k) and it's $1k less then trade in value on KBB.com

If I get this sold, I will use the equity I have in my Forester XS to get the R/T ($3k).
Also have to sell it less because it does have some hail damage. So I think my offer is great (only 83K miles).

I'll just go for the R/T. Never have I owned a v8 (not even my F150). I think my most HP motor I owned was the WRX and the HP that was in my 2005 Pathfinder (lol), which was not bad power little over 200+hp in each one of them, but turbo lag stinks and they Pathfinder is a family suv (;)). I am sure the R/T would be a huge improvment over the WRX (also).

Thanks all!!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Get a V8.

Or your legs will fall off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts