Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at getting midpipes but can't justify spending $500+ on midpipes. Looked at couple websites and they went for around that. Do midpipes help enough? Maybe thought of buying a midpipe with no cats but haven't found one yet. I should of got longtube headers to begin with but when I bought my headers I decided to get some that were state legal (CA- smog test). I found out that I don't need to smog my car until 4 years. I'm looking for a quick and easy fix and decided on getting midpipes.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
high flows

you could also just have a exhaust shop cut out your stock cats and replace them with high flows and save your self some bucks and end up with the same results. thats just my 0.2 worth

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have the JBA mids and think they're worth it. I don't have shorties yet, but plan to. If you have second thoughts about getting long tubes, I'd be interested in buying your shorties from you, if you're interested. PM if you are and maybe we can both get what we need/want.

·
Registered
928 Posts
agreed, if you already have headers, just have a shop put some highflows on there, you will be golden for a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to keep my stock cats because high flow cats won't pass smog test. I would like bolt-on midpipes and not welded on. I'll think about your offer jackiert.Thanks everyone for the advice. Does anyone know a good price for a midpipe?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I want to keep my stock cats because high flow cats won't pass smog test. I would like bolt-on midpipes and not welded on. I'll think about your offer jackiert.Thanks everyone for the advice. Does anyone know a good price for a midpipe?
who told you hiflows will fail a smog test? fact is they wont.

you will fail the visual test, not the actual test. there are many after market shops out there in san jose that will help you out with a "friendly" smog shop.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
$500? Where are you purchasing from, lol. Give us a call (888-894-1115), they're always $409.95 plus $19.95 for forum members. And unlike anyone else, we actually have them in stock.

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
who told you hiflows will fail a smog test? fact is they wont.

you will fail the visual test, not the actual test. there are many after market shops out there in san jose that will help you out with a "friendly" smog shop.
You will need to find a "friendly" smog shop. High flow cats will not pass the actual smog test in California.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Unfortunately, any catalytic converter system that's not stock will not pass California's CARB rules. A good reason to move to one of the other 49 states, lol.

The pipes only take an hour to swap out fortunately so it's an easy swap unlike the long tubes which would take 8+ hours.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
And that, is exactly why I bought mine (from HHP). Easy on, easy off.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Call Josh at HHP!!!

I love my JBA system and he will get you a great deal and these are a true bolt on part that fits great

·
Vendor
771 Posts
Thanks for the props, guys! These mid-pipes make a great add-on just by themselves. Every customer I have spoken with has said that they feel the difference these make.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks for the props, guys! These mid-pipes make a great add-on just by themselves. Every customer I have spoken with has said that they feel the difference these make.

Joshua, HHP
No codes after the install that you've heard of?

Thanks, Ed

·
Vendor
771 Posts
I've only heard of one car getting the P0420 or P0430 cat inefficiency codes out of around 300 or so cars we've either installed or sold these cats to out of house and that was maybe 6 months ago. If there are more, they haven't been brought to my attention. All of the cars we've done inhouse have been free of any codes. I don't expect that you'll have any issues with these pipes.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What improvement will it make at the track with E/T? 0.2 sec? I think I'm gonna get them from HHP. Just need some time. I'll give you a call Josh when I'm ready. Thank you to everyone.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
you could also just have a exhaust shop cut out your stock cats and replace them with high flows and save your self some bucks and end up with the same results. thats just my 0.2 worth
Yeah right, not in California and if you do let me know my local shop wouldn't even do Hi Flows and he's a friend of my dad's (guess he's not that great of a friend right).

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Just ordered my high flow cats today from HHP. Can't wait for them to arrive and install them. They have the best price that I found them for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts