Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I got a ride to a dealership about two hours away and purchased my first car, a new 2006 Midnight Blue Charger SE. I know it doesn't have a Hemi, but I'm telling you this is an amazing piece of work and I absolutely love this car. I think the color is amazing too and underrated given that everyone seems to be buying black and silver. Anyway, does anyone have any custom modifications that they reccomend? I was thinking of upgrading the speakers, adding in a sunroof, and maybe tinting the windows...also what octane gas do reccomend for the SE? Also did you get a bottle of touch up paint when you purchased your car? I thought that was normal procedure...but I didn't so I ordered one just for safe keeping.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
99 Posts
R33T said:
Last night I got a ride to a dealership about two hours away and purchased my first car, a new 2006 Midnight Blue Charger SE. I know it doesn't have a Hemi, but I'm telling you this is an amazing piece of work and I absolutely love this car. I think the color is amazing too and underrated given that everyone seems to be buying black and silver. Anyway, does anyone have any custom modifications that they reccomend? I was thinking of upgrading the speakers, adding in a sunroof, and maybe tinting the windows...also what octane gas do reccomend for the SE? Also did you get a bottle of touch up paint when you purchased your car? I thought that was normal procedure...but I didn't so I ordered one just for safe keeping.

Research the aftermarket sunroofs before you let anyone cut a hole in your roof. Many leak and cause rust problems(rusted floors and around the windows), others do not sell replacement seal kits and after a few years you many have leaking hole in your roof with no way to fix it.

The Charger is one car that looks the same in SE or R/T(other than the wheels). Tint the windows replace the stock stereo and speakers and enjoy your car. You can pick up some 18" Magnum R/Twheels and tires for about $750.00 on EBAY. Use your existing wheels for winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
R33T,

Be careful before doing any stereo upgrades. See this thread on another forun, where I asked some knowledgeable folks about Charger steteo upgrades.

You might want to at the very least double check to make sure the installer really knows what they're doing before they dive in, one guy I talked to had his trans get stuck in 2nd gear when he tried to add subwoofers (at a "professional" stereo shop, no less!)

Not trying to scare you off, I mean, I'm going to upgrade my system too. Just proceed with caution. In any event, congrats on the purchase. I'm still waiting for my R/T order to come in, so I'm quite jealous.

P.S.: Where the pics at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, I didn't realize that sunroofs were often so faulty...maybe i'll forgo that option. Thanks for the heads up on the sound system too. I will do my research before I upgrade those...wish I could install some big Bose speakers in the charger. Oh and I took pictures, but I can't find the cord that connects the camera to the computer, so I will post them up either tomorrow or friday because the blue charger is just AWESOME.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
R33T said:
Interesting, I didn't realize that sunroofs were often so faulty...maybe i'll forgo that option. Thanks for the heads up on the sound system too. I will do my research before I upgrade those...wish I could install some big Bose speakers in the charger. Oh and I took pictures, but I can't find the cord that connects the camera to the computer, so I will post them up either tomorrow or friday because the blue charger is just AWESOME.

congrats on the new car bud

As far as sunroofs.... alot of people get them installed with no problem... alot of people get them installed with horror stories...

I was going to get one installed on my AV, until I saw how much roof support is cut out to do an aftermarket install.... after seeing that... as far as sunroofs... if it aint factory... dont do it...
(just my opinion... and I already know that is worth.....
)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
R33T said:
Last night I got a ride to a dealership about two hours away and purchased my first car, a new 2006 Midnight Blue Charger SE. I know it doesn't have a Hemi, but I'm telling you this is an amazing piece of work and I absolutely love this car. I think the color is amazing too and underrated given that everyone seems to be buying black and silver. Anyway, does anyone have any custom modifications that they reccomend? I was thinking of upgrading the speakers, adding in a sunroof, and maybe tinting the windows...also what octane gas do reccomend for the SE? Also did you get a bottle of touch up paint when you purchased your car? I thought that was normal procedure...but I didn't so I ordered one just for safe keeping.
Congrats on the new car! Don't apologize for the SE, it's a great car with everything you need and is definately NOT slow. Modify it however you want, and enjoy it.

BTW I haven't ever gotten free touch-up paint with a new car. Check the owner's manual regarding the gas, but probably 87 octane.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
NO AFTERMARKET SUNROOF!!!!!!!!!! Its a crapshoot, why gamble on a hack job taking a good chunk of your cars value away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I've read the manual, 87 octane for the 2.7L, 89 octane for the 3.5 and 5.7.

Is there a 2.7L Charger for real? Dodge does not mention them anywhere but in the manual. The 3.5 was bad enough, it felt like I was towing a trailer in that thing, or else I may have bought it instead of the Hemi. That, and lack of gas savings in the V6 steered me otherwise. This Hemi is beefy 9 ways from sunday though, I wouldn't trade it for any V6 now! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
I was told they weren't going to put the 2.7 in any Charger, even the fleet cars!

A dealer worker told me the 2.7 was a very poor engine and they could get the same power out of their smaller engines with greater reliability, so they are going to do away with the 2.7 completely.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
99 Posts
JSA 007 said:
I was told they weren't going to put the 2.7 in any Charger, even the fleet cars!

A dealer worker told me the 2.7 was a very poor engine and they could get the same power out of their smaller engines with greater reliability, so they are going to do away with the 2.7 completely.

Canada gets the 2.7 as standard issue in the SE. The 3.5 with 5 speed is a $1000.00 option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
Well, obviously I got wrong info if Chargers are actually gonna get a 2.7L. I just feel real bad for anyone who has to drive it....:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Great pics love the color. :rockon: The Dodge site for the U.S. doesn't show the 2.7 as an option at all. I imagine the upgrade in Canada to get the 3.5 would be worth it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was thinking about putting an orange "01" decal on the driver side...haha inverted general lee style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
608 Posts
adaptabl said:
Canada gets the 2.7 as standard issue in the SE. The 3.5 with 5 speed is a $1000.00 option.
ya, my dealer said he tried one out, he wouldnt order any with this engine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Here is my new baby

 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top