Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take my car out tonight and hook up the Vericom VC200 to test some 0-60 runs.
Temp was 7 degrees celsius (45F),unfortuneately my coolant was around 210 degrees
Best run was 4.55 seconds
Second best run was 4.91 seconds run in opposite direction.
Average is 4.73 seconds.
I'm pleased as I've not played around enough with launch technique etc.
I held it at 1500 rpm,let go of the brake and tried to roll into it without too much wheelspin.I left it in Drive but switched ESP/TCS off.
I'll play somemore and try to whittle it down further,I know she can do it with a bit more practice.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Time for the T-Stat mod to keep the temps down. I use the 173° T-Stat (Autozone part# 4127) $10

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprsingly,I have a 180 degree thermostat.By the time I set up the Vericom my engine temp had risen up.I stopped and opened my hood for a short while but not long enough to make a serious reduction in underhood temps.
Unfortunately I don't have a comp.program mod that will also turn my fans on at 180.It stays at 180 or slightly lower when driving continually,but when you stop the temp will creep up again until you start driving to cool it down again.
I'll try again this time paying more attention to maintaining as cool an underhood temp as possible.

·
Registered
628 Posts
keep your damn AC on so your fan doesn't turn off lol, don't worry, when you go WOT, the car will disengage the compressor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts