Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find any Michelin or Goodyear tire to fit my Charger R/T P225/60R18. Anybody out there know what Michelin tire to run on my car?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why do you want to run just Michelin? That's a french company, you know. And maybe you might look at the light truck tires since the stock tire has a relatively high sidewall. 60% of 225 is 135 mm, which is 5.3 inches - the charger is using a 28.6 inch tall tire. That's pretty big - you might check out the sport truck tires to see if there are any about that tall. Anything up to about 250-260 mm wide should fit on the rim just fine, especially considering how tall the sidewall is.

·
Banned
591 Posts
Pilot sport A/S will be available in those sizes probobly by the time you read this. Thats by far the best all season performance tire from michelin. Other than that check out Dunlop. They have really been making a comeback..dont miss Yokohama either. TRZ, T4,H4..etc All really good all seasons with performance as a top priority.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Depending on what you want, Pirelli makes the p-zero asymetrico in a 255/50-zr18, which is almost the same diameter as the stock size, but puts about an inch more rubber to the ground. Michelin makes the mxv4 s8 all season high performance tire in a 235/55-18 ( same as the road/track package). pirelli's are $268 bucks from discount tire direct (plus a $50 rebate if you buy four), michelins are $162 from tire rack...on a side note you could switch to a 255/45-18. these are about a half an inch shorter and would require a pcm reflash, but there are some great tires available in that size, including the Bridgestone pole position S-03 among others...

·
Banned
591 Posts
Iam running S03 Pole Positions right now, 225/35/18. You'll make passengers white in the face around corners at insane speeds but I wouldnt suggest them in the stock LX sizes for 18" wheels. Albeit mine were 425.00 each plus tax.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Banned
591 Posts
I know and most F1 guys say that Bridgestone sucks and cant win any races. Ive even heard a guy at the local tire shop say that Michelin pilot sports (just normal pilot sports) are twice the tire of Potenza S03 Pole positions..LMAO

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
If you want something high performance, get the Eagle F1s (they're on the SRT-8).

If you want a mix of performance, handling, comfort, and traction, get the Assurance Triple Tread, all-season, top-of-the-line, available with run-flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts