Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to replace the stock continentals (pieces of chit) after i ran over something and didnt want the same crap for replacements. Bought Michelin mxv4 Primacy in 18" and what nice tires!!! Very smooth, very good handling, and a great ride. The car lunges off the line due to less rolling resistance, and handles like on rails. if the warranty holds up these will be a great set of tires!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
the michelins are good, but the Yokohama AVID V4S's are better!

·
Registered
11 Posts
:eek:
the michelins are good, but the Yokohama AVID V4S's are better!
I'm getting ready to order a set of those today! I milked the stock crappy Conti's for as long as I could! Got 49,500 miles on the car (in a year and 3 months:eek: ) Need new Rotors now as well...

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
I don't know how the MXV4 Primacys compare to the MXM HX4s (my stockers) but my Michelins were crap, IMHO. Worn out at 17,000miles. After that I went with GY F1 GS-D3s, and they not only lasted longer (22,000miles) but they gripped hella better.

I guess all is relative though...I'm sure the Michelins are light years better than the Contis! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know how the MXV4 Primacys compare to the MXM HX4s (my stockers) but my Michelins were crap, IMHO. Worn out at 17,000miles. After that I went with GY F1 GS-D3s, and they not only lasted longer (22,000miles) but they gripped hella better.

I guess all is relative though...I'm sure the Michelins are light years better than the Contis! :bigthumb:
u running summer tires??? 17k, 22k,... not good for as/touring tire...
I hve the Yokohama avids on the subaru. extremely good wear, great handling but i really cant compare as the subaru is 15 years old. Ive heard the avids were very good though. but i wanted the michelin as i have prior experience with them and they wore well and handled and rode great.

there is a new michelin pilot something... expensive but supposed to be ultra high performance and great wear...

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
u running summer tires??? 17k, 22k,... not good for as/touring tire...
I hve the Yokohama avids on the subaru. extremely good wear, great handling but i really cant compare as the subaru is 15 years old. Ive heard the avids were very good though. but i wanted the michelin as i have prior experience with them and they wore well and handled and rode great.

there is a new michelin pilot something... expensive but supposed to be ultra high performance and great wear...
My Goodyears are UHP summer tires. Treadwear is rated at 280 but I abused them more than the Michelins and they still lasted longer.

I loved the Avids that I had on my old Intrepid...cheap and ran well in the rain. I may put Yokohama Parada Spec-Xs on my MSRT rims if I don't sell them. Yokos are good tires from what I have experienced with them. I went through a couple of sets of Avids on the Intrepid...:bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts