Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my MHP Oil Catch can today, installed in about 15 minutes, perfectly, custom bracket supplied and all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Very nice! I have one too and installed it all by myself! (that and some lights are probably the ONLY things I've done myself! LOL) :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that didn't take long, ended up breaking one of the cheap plastic fittings on the new Oil Catch Can so had to replace them with some sturdy brass fittings, looks better and is solid! no more fears.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice mod, I like where it mounts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not bad, but who is MHP? Are they a supporting vendor?
Michigan Hemi Performance

I found them from browsing through the forums, so i thought they were. :)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Got my MHP Oil Catch can today, installed in about 15 minutes, perfectly, custom bracket supplied and all.
Looks good .... how did the fitting break ?

Michigan Hemi Performance

I found them from browsing through the forums, so i thought they were. :)
I think you found them browsing the other forum ..... :lol:

I always wondered why people would buy the Billet Technology catch can through a middle-man like MHP instead of buying it directly from Billet Tech ?

It can't be that the other company (MHP in this case) has better customer service than BT .... :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny, saw the name in here so looked them up.

"Now just awaiting my Polished catch can from Michigan Hemi Performance!:bigthumb:
Those are fricking sweet.
When I get my catch can I'll be getting those too.
How much?
-=FLEX=- "

As for the fitting, it seemed a bit flimsy and i have biggish mits, kind of a tight fit when i was checking levels. :)

Billet Tech uses the same cheap plastic fittings, and they don't advertise for the 3.5L :) want my business, make what i want easy to find. :)

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Funny, saw the name in here so looked them up.

"Now just awaiting my Polished catch can from Michigan Hemi Performance!:bigthumb:
Those are fricking sweet.
When I get my catch can I'll be getting those too.
How much?
-=FLEX=- "

As for the fitting, it seemed a bit flimsy and i have biggish mits, kind of a tight fit when i was checking levels. :)

Billet Tech uses the same cheap plastic fittings, and they don't advertise for the 3.5L :) want my business, make what i want easy to find. :)
Ok, you have a BT catch can with MHP engraved on top...

As for finding it, open your eyes bud....

Looks sweet

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
End result, it does what it was intended to do despite the name on the top... it is a good product and solid make despite the plastic fittings and $8.00 fixed that.

http://www.custombilletstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=20010

5.7L - 6.1L -3.??? maybe i missed it.

Guess what!!!! I did miss it :)

Thanks all for the help in finding the error of my ways. :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yea and if you look at that link, it doesnt come with plastic elbows....should have gone with BT.

·
Registered
539 Posts
BT does use the cheapo plastic elbows. i got mine 3 weeks ago and installed in 15 min (even though they screwed up the engraving). waited 5 weeks for the can and didn't want to wait another 5.

·
Registered
592 Posts
BT does use the cheapo plastic elbows. i got mine 3 weeks ago and installed in 15 min (even though they screwed up the engraving). waited 5 weeks for the can and didn't want to wait another 5.
Mine did not come with plastic elbows.....BT is badass without a doubt..Customer service also rocks...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea and if you look at that link, it doesnt come with plastic elbows....should have gone with BT.
I saw the 5.7 & 6.1 link, they ARE plastic.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just changed oil and look what i found after @ 4000km (since the catch can was installed) amazing....

Attachments

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Just changed oil and look what i found after @ 4000km (since the catch can was installed) amazing....
G,

Remember we talked about changes in states of matter? This is where the reactive components in the oil vaporize and go up the tube to be condensed back to liquid by giving off latent heat. If you didn't have any of these reactives, you would have a virtually dry catch can.

This is where QuantumBlue Custom Blended Lubricants really shine. No reactivity in the oil so much cleaner catch can and dry pcv.

I know your situation is different due to the specifics of your aftermarket warranty,:rolleyes2: but I just wanted to explain for the edification of others.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:bigthumb:
440-821-9040

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
well I have a BT can and it has brass fittings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts