Charger Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Mine only trip on long trips where the RPM`s run at about 2100 for extended periods of time. I`m gonna get a tune and fix that though

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
that's why they are off-road use only... they really should be replaced but it seems that some have had luck using adapters and extenders to cheat the computer back into complacency... I think the problem may be that it has to sense something but too much and it will fail and too little and it thinks you are cheating...

Yes, turning off the sensors won't work because the way they are testing the system is to hook it up to computer that reads parameters... It is automatic fail if computer says anything is bypassed or turned off....

That's like putting electrical tape over your CEL and calling it fixed...

Good luck especially since you specified you wanted it street legal and they sold them anywyas... Money is the bottom line I guess... There really wouldn't be much market for off-road parts though so I guess they gotta sell em somewhere....

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
still not sure why anyone would replace the stock cats unless it is a track car. and in that case remove them completly. stock cats are surprisingly high flow. sorry for the tangent - hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Mine only trip on long trips where the RPM`s run at about 2100 for extended periods of time. I`m gonna get a tune and fix that though
Can someone explain exactly how a tune can address this issue? What exactly can be done in the tune that prevents the DTC from being thrown? Thanks!

Also, is it possible from the PIDs that I logged to determine if my O2 sensors seem to be good or bad? Can that be determined from a Predator datalog? I've attached the Predator datalog in case someone cares to look at it.

EDIT: Oops, it's too big to upload. I can send it to anyone who asks...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can someone explain exactly how a tune can address this issue? What exactly can be done in the tune that prevents the DTC from being thrown? Thanks!

Also, is it possible from the PIDs that I logged to determine if my O2 sensors seem to be good or bad? Can that be determined from a Predator datalog? I've attached the Predator datalog in case someone cares to look at it.

EDIT: Oops, it's too big to upload. I can send it to anyone who asks...
Hi hemiitis,

I haven't done it on a Mopar as of yet but you can change or calibrate the rear o2's to basically tell them it is in the operating range. I also know of some simulators we've used on some GM applications that basically told the system everything was reading correctly. Because the Magnaflow converters flow much better the rear o2 sensors are seeing readings outside of their operating range. I'd recommend Late Model Racecraft out of Houston HERE in terms of tuning. They are good guys and they will get you pointed in the right direction.

The other option is to change out the highflow converters for the stock converters for the test, I know this is a pain but it is an option. I always tell customers these are Off-Road use only and make sure they understand before selling these types of products to customers. It is too bad they didn't let you know when you ordered the converters.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. I apologize for the issues you're having but I'm sure we can get it figured out. I hope you had a great holiday and Happy New Year! :beerchug:

Kind regards,

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
still not sure why anyone would replace the stock cats unless it is a track car. and in that case remove them completly. stock cats are surprisingly high flow. sorry for the tangent - hope it works out for you.
I replaced them for the ~8 RWHP the MF HF Cats provide, but I thought they were after-market replacement cats at that time. Live and learn...

I've never understood making "off-road" cats, either. Why would anyone use cats on a purely off-road vehicle??

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I replaced them for the ~8 RWHP the MF HF Cats provide, but I thought they were after-market replacement cats at that time. Live and learn...

I've never understood making "off-road" cats, either. Why would anyone use cats on a purely off-road vehicle??
My car dyno'd 385hp/382tq with the hi-flows. My buddies '07 with flowmasters and suitcase removed dyno'd 380hp/370tq. (both had CAIs). We think the high flow cats allowed the 12ft lbs of torque differential. My tuned numbers are 398/422 and 413/432 on race gas. I believe my torque figures are enabled by both the high-flow cats AND the manifold spacers.

SRT Engineers have stated the cats are the biggest restriction in the exhaust system.

As far as "off-road" statement, the HAVE to say that. Just like heads, cams, superchargers, turbochargers, etc, unless CARB certified (rare), they are ALL for off-road use only. And we all know they are on the street....

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
In addition to the two previous codes, today I'm getting a P0133. Maybe that's showing up now since I'm leaving the rear O2's on all the time...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts