Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my fellow Canadians know, the 0-60 timer on our cars is actually a 0-100 timer, in km/h.

100 km/h actually equals 62.14 m/h, so presumably my metric numbers are not comparable to most of those on this forum. I will always be some fraction of a second slower than non-metric guys. :beat:

Is there a conversion to get a 0-100km/h time correlated to a 0-60 mph time, or is the difference between the two neglible? :geek:

I know that 2.14 mph doesn't seem like much, but when I see people talking about tenths of a second improvements in quarter mile times, maybe it isn't so inconsequential. :knockout:

Anyone have any input?

Thanks,

-=FLEX=-

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
It's gonna be tough to come up with something that is 100% accurate because the rate of acceleration from 0 to 100 KM is not constant, but you could take the percentage difference from 62.14mph to 60mph (roughly 3.5%) and apply that to the time to try and get an estimation.

e.g. 0-100kph in 5.90 roughly equals (5.90 * .965) 0-60mph in 5.69 seconds.

But can't you change the units of display in your EVIC to be MPH when you do a 0-60 run? :)

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But can't you change the units of display in your EVIC to be MPH when you do a 0-60 run? :)
There's a thought. I dunno if I can change the units or not for the timer. I guess I should be able to...I'll check it out.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I'm guessing the units on the regular EVIC menu will carry through to the timer, but to be honest I haven't checked it. Let us know what you find you.

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing the units on the regular EVIC menu will carry through to the timer, but to be honest I haven't checked it. Let us know what you find you.
Yep. Had to go to my car to get something, so I tested it out. If I change from "Metric" to "US" in the "Personal Settings" menu, then go to the timer in advanced settings, the 0-100 timer is now a 0-60 timer. Colour me happy. :)

I know what I'm doing Saturday morning: testing out the nice cool fall weather on that HEMI's performance! :grin:

Thanks for the idea,

-=FLEX=-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts