Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using methanol injection on N/A or supercharged SRT8's?
If so can you give any and all helpful info on your set-up. Haven't seen any talk of this mod anywhere yet.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
We put Snow methanol kits on all our modded Mustangs ... and I have a kit here for our SRT8 Charger, so stay tuned for our results. If you use it to cool the air temps, it's a great way to gain safe power! If you tune for it, pray you don't ever run out of methanol/water as your timing will be way too high to run without the injection and put your motor in dangerous territory ... hence why we do it the way we do. :)

Lisa.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lisa. Currently I would be using methanol with some common mods. But I plan on a Procharger soon and eventually a blown 426. I know Snow offers low fluid level warning devices and many other accessories so I'm sure you guys can custom set-up a great kit. We need numbers to prove it's value. Also a price that is reasonable.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I run AlkyControl progressive methanol injection on a 630 rwhp Trans Am (T67 front mount turbo). I generally see IATs 30 degrees F. below ambient at WOT. The car is tuned (and MUST be tuned) to compensate for the added fuel when it sprays... and a little timing is added, but not much. At present, everyone that uses methanol that I know of is using it on an FI application... but there must be some people that use it NA.

My guess would be that you'd be spraying a very small amount of methanol for NA. Add too much and you're going to go rich and lose power, regardless of the fact that you've lowered your IATs. Now you could add timing to lean things out and make some more power, but then you have to realize (as noted above) that any interruption in your methanol delivery will lean you out suddenly... and perhaps disastrously depending on how much timing you added.

The AlkyControl system is customizable and progressive, meaning that you can set up at what boost level it comes on and the ramp rate for the pump coming on full speed. Ramp rate adjustment is very handy; it prevents situations where the methanol comes on full bore too quickly... resulting in a tiny little bog right when you don't want it.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
We will be posting before and after results once we get teh Snow Kit installed...both on the track and on the Dyno!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts