Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting gas in my wife's maxima when a 5.7 RT pulled up... I said... hey, nice car and the guy immediately said... thanks and it has a 150K miles on it:driving: He said that he does a lot of driving and his RT was one of the first ones to be sold in Connecticut after coming out. Just thought I would share...:cowsmile:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:icon_bs:

lol...but 150k? that shows some promise. did you ask him what type of problems hes had with it?
no :slap:but he didn't say any either...:D and I did mention that I was a charger owner

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
was it worth it trading up to the srt? cuz there was a silver r/t for 3k less with a little more miles right across the street, but I just couldnt pass up the srt.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Very cool. Glad it's still alive and well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is 150k really that much?

I bought my Charger @ 60k,

I've sold my Grand Prix @ 197k, Ram @ 214k, Camaro @ 347k. Granted, none of them were in stunning condition, they were all bought used and driven for years on my dollar, and I've never had any really serious problems aside from a fuel pump for the Camaro and the transmission fell apart in the Ram (a serious problem, but expected for a higher mileage 4x4 seeing off road use).

I guess it's probably a higher number of miles considering that our cars are only so old at this point?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
That is good news!

Backwoods you drive the snot out of your rides!!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts

I've sold my Grand Prix @ 197k, Ram @ 214k, Camaro @ 347k. Granted, none of them were in stunning condition, they were all bought used and driven for years on my dollar, and I've never had any really serious problems aside from a fuel pump for the Camaro and the transmission fell apart in the Ram (a serious problem, but expected for a higher mileage 4x4 seeing off road use).

I guess it's probably a higher number of miles considering that our cars are only so old at this point?
Backwoods, That must have been and LT1 Camaro?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

it's good go hear... considering how new these cars/engines are

·
Registered
296 Posts
i know this is on a side note but I was at a car auction this past week and they had a 2006 vw golf with 337,000 miles on it. It was the gas motor too not the diesel I was shocked!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Backwoods, That must have been and LT1 Camaro?
1992 Camaro RS, 3.1L V6, Automatic.

Most of the people I know buy used cars with around 80k. I get a lot of "only 60,000?" when I talk about my Charger. I suppose it's just a social thing. I live in a pretty small community, and usually the only people driving new cars (30k or less, lol) are retirees or doctors.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
1992 Camaro RS, 3.1L V6, Automatic.

Most of the people I know buy used cars with around 80k. I get a lot of "only 60,000?" when I talk about my Charger. I suppose it's just a social thing. I live in a pretty small community, and usually the only people driving new cars (30k or less, lol) are retirees or doctors.
Impressive for the 3.1!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
i know this is on a side note but I was at a car auction this past week and they had a 2006 vw golf with 337,000 miles on it. It was the gas motor too not the diesel I was shocked!
There's some VW's around here with alot of miles!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts