Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this question should go to the Admin's -

Since the New Year is just around the corner, I was wondering if we "The members" could submit pictures of our cars + a "Quote" or something - then we all could vote on the top 12 (or 24 if we use 2 pictures per month).
So, then with the Top 12, we get some of the creative members to draw up a professional looking calendar - or go to Kinko's to get it done.
Then we can buy the calendars for $XX, with the profits going to support the site.

Good or Bad idea ?

- any other ideas ?

- My thought for the layout, would be for each month - a picture of a Member's Charger (one of the top 12), followed by that member's favorite Quote -or avatar, or "smiley". Also, perhaps some Trivia - or Charger (new and old) facts on the bottom of each page.
(Note: I may be able to do the design, but I would have to go to Kinko's for the end result/calendar)

Brian T.

·
Registered
608 Posts
yUp, count us in :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thats a bomb idea i will buy one, i think it will be cool if we can get two cars on every month. That will be 24 cars. Or on every month the car that goes on it there is a description of the customs that have been done and for example if an exhaust is put on a pic of the exhaust and etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Done Deal...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Count me in

·
Registered
384 Posts
Chargedup said:
Thats a bomb idea i will buy one, i think it will be cool if we can get two cars on every month. That will be 24 cars. Or on every month the car that goes on it there is a description of the customs that have been done and for example if an exhaust is put on a pic of the exhaust and etc.
I think that would be great, have pics of the mods in captions around the car pics - sweet!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
- I just sent a note to the Website administrator, about this Idea. I'm not sure if that was the right place to send it.

Anyhow, if we are going to follow-through with the idea, now is the time to start. I would hope that a completed calendar, for purchase, could be done by the end of November - or early December. I will start to do some light "leg-work" to see what can be done.

- The delay, I guess, would be designing it and "rounding up" all of the pictures and text.

- Anyhow, hopefully the Admin's will "OK" the idea and provide some guidance. If it is "OK'd", then to get the best end result, we should get a team together, for the design and for gathering the pictures and text. Maybe setup a tele-conference number to have a few meetings.

I'm might not be the best one for "Project Management" (but, I can do it) - But, for now - I will keep you guys "posted" when I have more news.

Brian T.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Count me in!!!!! GREAT IDEA!!!! I will send one to the local FORD dealer! :devil:

Jason

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jayman4911 said:
Count me in!!!!! GREAT IDEA!!!! I will send one to the local FORD dealer! :devil:

Jason
Jayman4911,
That picture that you posted (Lightning Charger), would be a great one for the calendar (if we go forward with the project).

- I have to ask: Did you snap that shot "as-is" or was there some "photoshop" work done, to insert the Charger ?

Brian T.

·
Registered
538 Posts
:happy: AS IS... FL Storm.... I sat there and took about 45 Pics until I got the lighting in the back ground! I wish I would have got the picture a little sooner so it wasn't so dark, but it still is very cool! :happy:

Thanks!
Jason

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I think its a great idea. We could sticky a post if that would help, but someone else probably needs to spearhead the idea (other then the admin team I mean) :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
jayman4911, i am a graphic designer a great way to bring this pic out is if you select the car it self pop out some brightness and contrast and maybe but a level or curve to pull out the car more. And if this is done maybe we can use this as the cover for the calender.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well one designer to another it will be easier to clean up the mess and put a nice background, but we can still do it without plus it costs money to professionally shoot these cars. Plus we are all not in the same place. I dont know but whtever is needed ill help, just hit me up. But i saw lets get the car so we can print out by late november early december. By the way ehere you from.

·
Registered
384 Posts
hi annother designer here, it would be smart to have many pictures availible from each submitter, chances are were going to have a lot of 3/4 angles off the front fender and not a whole lot else if we let everyone do their own photos alone. but a larger amount with specific angles suggested would break-up the repitition of it all.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts