Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this my daughter left her gummies in my back seat in HOUSTON HEAT and they melted ANYONE?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Posting pics will help get a better answer.

Until then, gummy bears are completely water soluble (sugar, acacia gum, color, flavor and surfactants). The biggest issue isn't the melted goo, it's the colorant soaking into the leather and discoloring it.

First thing to do is use a cotton towel soaked in hot water laid over the melted bears to loosen and dissolve them. Wipe and repeat using a clean surface of the towel (soaked in hot water) repeatedly until the bulk of the mess is gone.

Then use Formula 409 sprayed on the area and let soak for a few minutes and repeat with a clean cloth soaked in hot water. Do this several times until no further stain is lifted.

If anything remains, repeat the 409 spray and let sit for a few minutes. Scrub using a soft bristle tooth brush and wipe with a clean cloth soaked in hot water. Repeat until the stain is gone.

If the leather is discolored then use peroxide solution from the drug store repeatedly (with the hot water cloth wipe between) to oxidize the color and make it go away. The Factory leather dye is immune to it. If any staining remains, use a good leather dye to correct the stain back to the original leather color.

If they are suede inserts, follow with a brushing after everything has dried using a brass suede brush (available at shoe stores for dressing suede shoes)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Black makes it 10 times easier. Very little risk of discoloring the leather and much easier to fix if it does.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gummy Bears stuck to the seat

This was very helpful. I did this to myself and my black leather car seat yesterday. Fortunately (I hope) it will be easy to get off, as it is still chilly weather here in SC this time of year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts