Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Junkman and Rob are holding it down! :thumbsup:

The Mopars are in and shiny paint is everywhere. But just because your paint is shiny, doesn't mean that it is clean or swirl free. We had one individual tell us that his paint was perfect. After all, he told us he painted it himself. Rob and I both looked at each and said the same thing, "Bring it on over here!"

At first glance, it looked pretty nice.

But upon a closer inspection from the Junkman's unfaltering camera lens, the truth was revealed!

Even without the flash, the paint was dull and lifeless.

But with the help of a little Adam's Clay Bar, Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish and some Americana Carnuba Wax, all was well again and as you can see, it is always a happy ending with the Junkman! :D :D :D

As I was waiting on my next victim... uh, I mean subject, I decided to take a look at our lovely rental car. The way a rental car is treated, you can bet it was full of imperfections. As you can see, it did not disappoint.

After grinding out a couple of new callouses into my baby smooth hands (hey, I fix computers for a living; what did you expect...), Here was the final product:

It has not been all work and no play while at the Chrysler NATS, Rob and I also took time to enjoy the local crusine. If you are ever in Carlisle, one place you have got to stop by is Marcello's. Adam turned us on to this little gem and trust me, they no how to hook a brutha up!

Oh well, back to bed I go. Another big day ahead and I will be slaying paint jobs like dragons!

The Junkman

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is no good consumer products that remove swirls. All the stuff i find like scratchx just fills them in not fix the problem. You have no options at all u have to get a PC with some real products like adams or forget it. U would think the consumer line would be better then this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Junkman,
Did i hear you correctly today say that, if you were to fully do the charger that your were working on today that it would take you 3 weeks.. I will tell you the little area that you were working on really looked great when you were finished. and you really showed the crowd how it is done correctly, as i was watching from under the sales tent, trying to get my glass cleaner..best on the market, i did notice how content many of the people were, with you and also the product.. just in awe!! Ok,enough of the ego boosting.. Had a great time today,
thanks for showing everyone the " right" way.
Bubba-

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Looks great as always A.J.

P.S. So when are you going to come to Austin to work on my Daytona?;)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Junkman,
Did i hear you correctly today say that, if you were to fully do the charger that your were working on today that it would take you 3 weeks.. I will tell you the little area that you were working on really looked great when you were finished. and you really showed the crowd how it is done correctly, as i was watching from under the sales tent, trying to get my glass cleaner..best on the market, i did notice how content many of the people were, with you and also the product.. just in awe!! Ok,enough of the ego boosting.. Had a great time today,
thanks for showing everyone the " right" way.
Bubba-
Bubba, where you saw me was in my element. In front of a crowd hungry for knowledge. No Photoshop, no fancy camera tricks, no long shots, and a BLACK CAR. This is up close and personal, all in your face with people sticking their nose directly into your work. That's where I want them. When they try and look at what I'm doing from a distance, I go behind the crowd and push them into my work. I revel in the opportunity to show them what Adam's Polishes can do. I'm glad to hear that you got to see it up close and personal too. :thumbsup:

You did hear me correct. You saw the level of excellence that I strive for. I don't half step. When I complete a car, it will look as if it was painted. His car would need to be wet sanding and polished out. That my friend takes time, and that is the only way I know how to do it. It took me an hour and a half to do that little area. The whole car would have been a workout AND expensive!

Looks great as always A.J.

P.S. So when are you going to come to Austin to work on my Daytona?;)
Meet me in Tennessee. :lol:

·
Registered
877 Posts
I was at Carlisle & met the man...I can tell you this when he's in the "zone" there's no time for small talk. A quick "how ya doin'" is all I got ;)
Watched him do that 'Cuda for a while as well as a Ram truck and get a scratch out of a Crossfire. The Crossfire guys were hardcore...matching shirts/hats ID's for the whole "team" they were eying A.J. like hawks!
Dropped a few bux on some new product for myself (got a screamin' deal over the prices on the web)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was at Carlisle & met the man...I can tell you this when he's in the "zone" there's no time for small talk. A quick "how ya doin'" is all I got ;)
Watched him do that 'Cuda for a while as well as a Ram truck and get a scratch out of a Crossfire. The Crossfire guys were hardcore...matching shirts/hats ID's for the whole "team" they were eying A.J. like hawks!
Dropped a few bux on some new product for myself (got a screamin' deal over the prices on the web)
Man, you should have waited until I sat down! You're right, when I get into my "buffin' zone", it's all business with a bunch of jokes thrown in for entertainment. That is especially true when you're dealing with folks like the Crossfire group! They were hard core and they brought me a car that was really not in that bad of shape. I had to take a car from nice to bling-bling! They were on me big time but in the end, they pretty much bought out the booth when they saw what I did. We darn near sold everything that we brought!

I will be back up there for the Corvettes at Carlisle. If you need me to lay hands on anything, contact me ahead of time and we'll set something up. Sorry that I didn't get to hang out more but as you saw, our tent was a mad house!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts