Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been asked before but I don't feel like digging for it so I'll just ask it again. When you idle, are you on 4 or 8 cylinders? Any time I've asked salesman or other people at the dealership, they always give me the same line. "MDS activates under light acceleration" and they never answer my question. I would think it would idle on 4 because you aren't accelerating at all.

·
Registered
507 Posts
im pretty sure its 8. .

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
It is 8 for sure, it sure would be nice if we could idle on 4 cylinders somtimes (i believe GM's DOD does that)

·
Registered
928 Posts
its 8, i believe it even says this in the booklet, its to keep the idle smooth.

·
Registered
831 Posts
its 8, i believe it even says this in the booklet, its to keep the idle smooth.
YUP, thats exactly what it says in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
... and temperature and .....
and engine load (that's different than throttle input right?)...

let's see how far we can take this :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
MODS HUH? I have an 07 charger R/T. I'm searching for some front and rear head and tail lamp lenses in black. I'm looking for something that will look absolutely factory, just in black. I figure since the car is black pearlcoat metallic, I'd black it all out. Anyone got any ideas where to get something WITHOUT ADVERTISING PRINTED ON THEM. NO PLASTIC TINT PLEASE.
THANKS!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MODS HUH? I have an 07 charger R/T. I'm searching for some front and rear head and tail lamp lenses in black. I'm looking for something that will look absolutely factory, just in black. I figure since the car is black pearlcoat metallic, I'd black it all out. Anyone got any ideas where to get something WITHOUT ADVERTISING PRINTED ON THEM. NO PLASTIC TINT PLEASE.
THANKS!
Look in the parts for sale section.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
??? What's that ????

I don't think I have one either. :(
On the newer chargers, I think they have a light that pops up and says fuel savers mode when you are running on 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts