Charger Forums banner

mds and diablo

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  LQQKOUT 
#1 ·
after i did my diablo tune when i'm on the highway man i feel that 4 to 8 switch the first few times i was like what did i hit. anyone else feeling it:cool:

#3 ·
this is probably one of the first things I noticed about the tuner. Im not sure what exactly makes it jerk like that when going from 4 to 8. Is the shift firmness playing a role in that? If you upped shift firmness is it also upping the firmness of the MDS switch? I certainly dont know, but it doesnt bother me all that much. It just takes a little getting used to. Think of it this way: If the car came like that from the dealer it wouldnt bother you would it? You just know it can be a lot less noticeable so it bothers you a bit more. Id like to see if anything comes of this. I think its just the fact that the car has less lag time time now and is always up and ready to go, so when it notices a change in pedal position or an increase in RPMs, its ready to roar on command.

-Pat

#4 ·
i have that small pulse that could be mistaken for a bump in the road. they are on the case at diablo and i hope they will have a fix for the next release. they are saying the next release will have fixes for the missing pid's for data logging and getting the dataviewer to work on downloading a log

#5 ·
I havent disabled mds yet, and i probably will soon just becuase i dont have a far drive to and from work, but i hate that point when i come off the interstate and im sitting there stopped and it feels like someone just bumped me, is that norm or just me.

#6 ·
How is everyone sure it is MDS? I don't think it is. My car does it too, I thought it may be the torque converter going in and out of lockup. I can easily get the bump feeling on and off the throttle when cruising, while I can hear the MDS exhaust sound the whole time.
Has anyone confirmed that the bump stopped after disabeling the MDS?

#14 ·
How is everyone sure it is MDS? I don't think it is. My car does it too, I thought it may be the torque converter going in and out of lockup. I can easily get the bump feeling on and off the throttle when cruising, while I can hear the MDS exhaust sound the whole time.
Has anyone confirmed that the bump stopped after disabeling the MDS?
What exactly is the MDS exhaust sound?

#8 ·
I notice that bump, and it is very pronounced, with just the slightest increase in pedal position. Oh, and the phantom bump when at a light disappeared for me when I disabled EGR.

#9 ·
Thats a good idea sinistersix, I will try driving around tomorrow in autostick 5 when cruising and see if it bumps on and off the throttle.

#10 ·
ummmmm i thought the easiest way to disable mds was just by moving the stick to the left or right. what the downfall of disable with the predator?

#12 ·
I would like to keep my MDS, but dont know what the EGR is. Would it make sense to disable this by itself and would it help with the hiccup? What exactly is it?

#13 ·
EGR is exhaust Gas Recirculation which is a system automakers use to meet emmision standards by putting some exhaust gas back into the cylinder to burn more of the pollutants

its basically putting used/dirty air back in the cylinder

#15 ·
I know what hes talking about, when MDS is on in my car I can hear the difference. I chalk it up to my LT headers and the sound having a lot more space to "reverberate" in/through. there is a definite sound associated with MDS.

#16 ·
My exhaust is stock, so its admittedly hard to hear, but with the radio off I can hear when the motor goes into MDS mode. The exhaust tone changes from the smooth, normal sound of the HEMI to a, kind of buzz sound, a little choppy sounding. I've been able to hear the sound much easier as my car gets more miles, I have 25,000.
Oh, BTW I forgot to try it out in autostick 5 like I said I would...oops

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.