Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have it on their car yet? Oh and i have an 06 R/T with the 5.7l Hemi. if so how do they like it? I might get a sponsorship from em which will make it free! but i will look elsewhere if its not a good kit.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got my MBRP Exhaust!

So i got the kit from MBRP and lemme tell you, the way to go! It has a nice deep throaty sound, minimal drone in the cabin and overall an extremely easy kit to install. They even gave me an extra factory x-pipe so i didnt have to cut a thing! Ill take pics and post them sometime in the next few days. Does anyone else have this exhaust?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i plan on ordering it as well. i love the way it looks compared to the other exhausts that are out.

i was hoping it would have a more muscular sound than the rest. can you post some pictures and maybe a sound clip?

where did you get it from so i can compare pricing. thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Video/Sound Clip Of My MBRP Exhaust.

Here ya go boys and girls. Please give me ur feedback. I will do a drive by video as well as an in car over the weekend when i have more time. Please leave ur feedback and thoughts.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Souds nice! I think I want a little louder idle. I'm still not sure which one to get......

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sounds very good!

JBA is louder at idle.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i plan on ordering it as well. i love the way it looks compared to the other exhausts that are out.

i was hoping it would have a more muscular sound than the rest. can you post some pictures and maybe a sound clip?

where did you get it from so i can compare pricing. thanks

Ok well sound clip is posted and it does have a great look. Also everyone is saying they want louder but in my opinion this is at just the right level. I mean i hate it when i pull up to a car and its loud and in my opinion annoying at idle. I like to hear it once they get on it and that is exactly wat this kit offers.

As for priving, uhhh mine was uhhh free so i wouldnt be able to tell you where to find it cheap. I saw a brand new kit on ebay for like $800 i tihnk. But im sure if you do some shopping around you can find something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I listened to the sound clip Slootdude and I think the output of this exhaust system is just right. Loud when needed, noticeable when idling and not intrusive to other motorists. How is it for drone at highway speeds?

Just an add on. I did purchase this system. It's made in Ontario, Canada and the company does a huge business in North America with truck exhausts. They have just recently introduced this system for our chargers. In the USA the system can be purchased for $755. In Ontario the criminals here (Mufflerman, etc) want anywhere from $1080 to $1375. If in Ontario do your research and then order directly from MBRP. I paid $890 Cdn before tx. The sales staff assures me there is no drone at normal highway driving which is something some of us want in a system. I currently have a Borla on my Durango and these systems are very upscale, except it has a drone that can be heard distinctly in the cabin when doing about 60 mph. Borla was my first choice, but the MBRP is very close in sound, quality and by far a lot cheaper to purchase. Thanks to Slootdude for the post.

·
Registered
159 Posts
sloot im loving the album that came with the video .. dude those girls seem like they would be great to be around good god!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
sounds good. i too thought it was going to be a little louder.

can you get some pics from the side so i can see the tip and bumper.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I dug up this old thread, which is full of praise for the MBRP catback. Based on the few sound clips I've been able to find, I like it. I also like the price. This seems like a good quality exhaust. Has anyone else had experience with it since this thread originated? Does anyone have anything negative to say about it?

·
Vendor
789 Posts
We're working with MBRP to get this kit re-released to market. It's designed like the Zoomers to reuse some the of the stock system which I think is a sales deterrent even though they are great systems, especially for the price. We're hoping to see their engineers come up with a full system shortly. They also will have the SRT-8 cat-back out soon too. Their Challenger system of the same design is a hot seller and those guys love 'em. I haven't heard one negative thing about them.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
629 Posts
We're working with MBRP to get this kit re-released to market. It's designed like the Zoomers to reuse some the of the stock system which I think is a sales deterrent even though they are great systems, especially for the price. We're hoping to see their engineers come up with a full system shortly. They also will have the SRT-8 cat-back out soon too. Their Challenger system of the same design is a hot seller and those guys love 'em. I haven't heard one negative thing about them.

Joshua, HHP
Judging by the prices on their site...I could buy 2/3 of a full JBA exhaust. What are the pros of it?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Joshua, HHP
Re-released?? :confused: Is this not the same MBRP catback kit that Maryland Speed and Tbyrne Performance are currently selling on their websites?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I had a MBRP Cuda exhaust kit on my dakota, loved the sound...the workmanship was junk though. Paid $750ish for it (included the rollpan) and it pieced together like crap. Had it in the muffler show several times because it rattled lose, broke, etc. So many welds and leaks came from it that I ended up getting it redone and paid another $600 within a year. Then it was right.

Though I loved the sound, and have heard many good things of them, I will never buy from them again.

·
Vendor
789 Posts
I'm working to get it re-released with the front X-pipe unstead of how the current system reuses part of the stock cat-back. They're good systems but I think this system has never really seen big sales because of the lack of the front X-pipe on the cat-back. Does this make a difference to all of you as perspective buyers?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts