Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I just had new rotors and pads put on this car HOPING that the squealing would stop! anyway - I need to get a car wash really bad - should I wait or is it OK to do. The who changed everything said to go easy for the first 150 miles. Now i am going on a 200 mile trip tomorrow - will i have any problems doing this? anything i should be wary of?

thanks a million!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
a lot of higher perf brake pads and rotors squeal a bit. you wont get rid of it now matter how far you drive.

if they arent built for perf and theyre squealing, they werent installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm is nice info but not always correct!

I just got new rotors and pads and it said right on the box NOT to do as listed above but to dive normally and stop gently for the first 100 miles then drive normally.

So it depends on the brakes you by, its not cut and dry.
Yup, there is no substitute for reading the directions. :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
When they replaced mine(with the "police package" rotors and pads), they gave me the "burnish" instructions (printed off the service guys computer). They were very similar to the zeckhausen instructions only to do that procedure forty times instead of eight. Seems to have worked, brakes aren't sqealing and work well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.