Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The PVD coating on my wheels is shot, so I'm getting the wheels re-done. I'm having a hard time deciding on whether to do matte, satin or gloss black. Thoughts? I've attached a couple of pictures of my car with the existing wheels.

Related - any tips on where to buy some good, black lugnuts? The ones I'm using were purchased on eBay, they are okay but (1) are a little long for the wheels and (2) are rusting a little on the edges. Yes, I'm aware that using an impact on them can cause or speed up this. Are the spline type lugnuts better?

Attachments

· Registered
7,962 Posts
Depends on how much time/energy you want to spend keeping the rims clean. Glossy paint will pretty much immediately show dirt and dust. Satin paint is a bit more forgiving and matte is the most forgiving. Glossy paint will look the best when the car is spotless.

Best,

· Registered
6,890 Posts
I prefer gloss black over matte and satin.

Lug nuts can be purchased through American Muscle from $26 to 35 depending on style (regular acorn or splined) . They have lugs in matte and glossy finishes, and matching wheel locks for purchase too. Like any on line source, prices go beyond 35 depending on the lug nut design as well as any additional wheel accessories you might want.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably a dumb question, but for my stock 19" wheels, what is the proper lugnut length? I used the stock ones on the PVD wheels for a long time, but after doing some other work I decided to replace them with some black ones and they are way too long at 1.5". I thought I kept the originals, but I just tore my barn apart and can't find them.

Most of the sets on American Muscle don't list length, but the pictures look "long" and similar to what I have. I did find these, but not sure what "black bulge acorn" means but they are only 0.84" long:

Black Bulge Acorn Lugnuts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts