Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For putting a dealer sticker on a car without the buyers permission and written consent..here is the mass law.

Chapter 90: Section 7R1/2. Dealers insignias, logos or plates; placement on motor vehicles; consent

Section 7R1/2. No seller, or an agent or employee of a seller, of motor vehicles shall place on a motor vehicle an insignia, logo or other plate that advertises the name of the seller without first having obtained the written consent of the buyer of such motor vehicle. Such seller must provide a buyer with a written consent form at the time of the purchase of the motor vehicle. The original of such written consent form shall be retained by the seller and a copy retained by the buyer. Any such seller’s failure to obtain written consent from the buyer shall enable the buyer to request that the seller remove any insignia, logo or plate and make all repairs necessary to restore the motor vehicle to its original condition. Each seller shall post in a conspicuous place, a notice explaining the buyer’s rights under this section.

Any violation of this section shall be punishable by a fine of not less than two hundred dollars.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Must be nice! Every car I've ever bought (PA, AZ, OH, WI) all had those danged dealer stickers on them! :mad:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice...

When I bought my 'stang, I made it very clear that if they so much as touched the surface with a dealer logo plate, I would refuse delivery of the car.

People spending what cars cost these days shouldn't have them turned into free advertising for some dealer that in all likelihood just did everything possible to rip them off during the sale.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Glad he got we he deserved...if a dealer genuinely helps and takes care of their customers, that's all the advertising they'll ever need...word of mouth can go a long way...

·
Registered
868 Posts
you gotta love when they drill holes to put on their plate frame.....Especially when you have the od style plate where you only have one!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wish I had known this on my previous two cars they had put their sticker on the car. Actually now that I think of it I think all their cars sitting on their lot have their stickers on them.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yeah when I got my Bee I made sure there was none of that stuff on her. and there wasn't.:grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice law, but, how many of you have read every word on the front and back of the purchase aggrement? All the fine print.
All the do is bury the "dealer can put stickers" part in the fine print that you would need a microscope to see. Then your out of luck sueing them because you signed it.

Basically, you would almost have to get a amendment stating " In lue of the contract statment, No sticker or dealer name/advertising are to be affixed to afformentioned vehicle."

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I'll allow those dealer plate frames but nothing stuck to the body of the car. I tell the dealer before I buy it. Every dealer so far has not had a problem with that. Just be nice and the dealer should not put stickers on. If there is already one on there, then ask them nicely to take it off. Carefully inspect the area for damage after they take the sticker off and your set. :) If they will not take the sticker or badge off, then tell them your going to find another dealer.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I'll allow those dealer plate frames but nothing stuck to the body of the car. I tell the dealer before I buy it. Every dealer so far has not had a problem with that. Just be nice and the dealer should not put stickers on. If there is already one on there, then ask them nicely to take it off. Carefully inspect the area for damage after they take the sticker off and your set. :) If they will not take the sticker or badge off, then tell them your going to find another dealer.
When I bought my Sublime from Steve White in NC, the two things I told the salesman was 1.) No dealer sticker on car. 2.) I wanted the original window sticker. Well when we got there I did get the original window sticker. It was with all paperwork in glove comp. There was a sticker on the trunk. It was a pillowy type. I told the salesman and he said that whileI was getting the 30 day temp tag inside he would go to the detail shop and have it removed. Came out and it was gone. No tell tale signs of it ever being on there. He said it was put on when the car was received by them. As long as they took care of it was fine with me. Peace\/

·
Registered
55 Posts
When i pick up the Plum from steve white it had that same fluffy type sticker on the flat black part of the trunk and it was very easily removed by me. NO damage done and no residue. I was also glad they had not put on a front license plate bracket.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
For putting a dealer sticker on a car without the buyers permission and written consent..here is the mass law.

Chapter 90: Section 7R1/2. Dealers insignias, logos or plates; placement on motor vehicles; consent

Section 7R1/2. No seller, or an agent or employee of a seller, of motor vehicles shall place on a motor vehicle an insignia, logo or other plate that advertises the name of the seller without first having obtained the written consent of the buyer of such motor vehicle. Such seller must provide a buyer with a written consent form at the time of the purchase of the motor vehicle. The original of such written consent form shall be retained by the seller and a copy retained by the buyer. Any such seller’s failure to obtain written consent from the buyer shall enable the buyer to request that the seller remove any insignia, logo or plate and make all repairs necessary to restore the motor vehicle to its original condition. Each seller shall post in a conspicuous place, a notice explaining the buyer’s rights under this section.

Any violation of this section shall be punishable by a fine of not less than two hundred dollars.
The very reason why when I brought my Charger home and saw the remnants (residue?) of the dealer sticker on the trunk lid when I washed the car. I thought I should take it back to the dealer and have them buff the lid (sticker was removed and you can still see the dealer logo on my trunk lid if you look for it) and repaint it for their stupidity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts