Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I can find, there is no manual trunk release inside the cabin of the car. Is this correct? IOW how do you open the trunk if the battery is dead? I could jump the car from under the hood, if I could get to my jumper cables that are in the trunk.

My other car has an inside release located behind a rear seat head rest. I was hoping the Charger would have something similar.

Is there a hidden inside release?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
from inside the car, drop the back seats, climb into the trunk from there and pull the release.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
from inside the car, drop the back seats, climb into the trunk from there and pull the release.
I'm aware of that but not sure I'm flexible enough to do it. I'd probably get stuck half way in.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Hire a local kid to do it. Give him a couple bucks and an "atta boy!" :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't anticipate having to get in the trunk with a dead battery, but better to know my options just in case. No sense looking for an inside release if there insn't one.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Yea. It’s ridic if ya ask me. Ya can always Jerry rig your own manual release.

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I'd probably get stuck half way in.
Got a handful of jokes I could reply to this, but it's just too damn easy... :banana:

·
Registered
197 Posts
OK, just to piggyback on this issue, how do you do this on a Charger Pursuit with a dead battery?

·
Registered
824 Posts
OK, just to piggyback on this issue, how do you do this on a Charger Pursuit with a dead battery?
Unlock driver's door with key. Pop hood in front of car. Attach jumper cables to jump start (remote battery terminals) connector. Or you could keep one of these Lithium based fire starters in the car someplace just in case. HF example pictured.

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a handful of jokes I could reply to this, but it's just too damn easy... :banana:
Life is tough when you're too stiff & too big. :grin2:

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Unlock driver's door with key. Pop hood in front of car. Attach jumper cables to jump start (remote battery terminals) connector. Or you could keep one of these Lithium based fire starters in the car someplace just in case. HF example pictured.
:surprise: :smilielol5:

I have one of these I bought from Amazon. It works great and hasn't tried to light anything on fire. (So far...)

·
Registered
824 Posts
:surprise: :smilielol5:

I have one of these I bought from Amazon. It works great and hasn't tried to light anything on fire. (So far...)
Well, if charged, and the bag is punctured, they do interesting things. Air gets in, and well... Lithium can burn.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Use the key to unlock the trunk?

Doesn't your Pursuit have a real key lock on the trunk?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
824 Posts
That's what's nice about the older ones, there's an actual lock cylinder lol
Every pursuit I've ever seen - and looked for it - has a real lock on the trunk. In fact, that's a way you can pick out an umarked one, even if dressed up like with a spoiler to distract you. Around here there's 2012 through 2019's on the road with a few older ones in rural towns.

If no cylinder, maybe it started life as a consumer car and was modded to be a PD vehicle. Run the VIN and look at the build sheet. Probably no sticker if a pursuit.

Below is a '19 from the FCA web site.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Every pursuit I've ever seen - and looked for it - has a real lock on the trunk. In fact, that's a way you can pick out an umarked one, even if dressed up like with a spoiler to distract you. Around here there's 2012 through 2019's on the road with a few older ones in rural towns.

If no cylinder, maybe it started life as a consumer car and was modded to be a PD vehicle. Run the VIN and look at the build sheet. Probably no sticker if a pursuit.

Below is a '19 from the FCA web site.
I was referring to the civilian version as the OP was talking about lol. Generally a given a cop car will have a keyed trunk release.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
I thought I saw someone who tied a heavy string or clotheline to the manual trunk release, and ran it along the side of the back seat so you could pull it without having to shoehorn yourself into the trunk from the back seat.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I thought I saw someone who tied a heavy string or clotheline to the manual trunk release, and ran it along the side of the back seat so you could pull it without having to shoehorn yourself into the trunk from the back seat.
I did that once working on my car and had to shut the trunk and didn’t wanna climb back in lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts