Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sorry to say to it i went out today check out the mango charger and it didnt blow my socks off. i turned it on and the borla exhaust wasnt near as loud as the flowmasters i have added to my charger. i took it for a drive and it didnt move like mine. i dont think that having a production number is worth the extra 3 to 4k on the sticker. the worst part is that all the car matches with the paint but what they forgot the instrument panel and the plates on the steering wheel thats tacky. ill just keep my r/t charger and spend that extra payments a month for cool add ons. plus its not that i cant efford it i sure as hell can but its not even worth it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
im sorry to say to it i went out today check out the mango charger and it didnt blow my socks off. i turned it on and the borla exhaust wasnt near as loud as the flowmasters i have added to my charger. i took it for a drive and it didnt move like mine. i dont think that having a production number is worth the extra 3 to 4k on the sticker. the worst part is that all the car matches with the paint but what they forgot the instrument panel and the plates on the steering wheel thats tacky. ill just keep my r/t charger and spend that extra payments a month for cool add ons. plus its not that i cant efford it i sure as hell can but its not even worth it.

YOU PLAYA` HATER!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I personally think the nicest thing about the Daytona is the interior, we will probably be ordering Daytona interior pieces to replace in our R/T

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plus i'm not hating on the daytona it just wasnt impressing once you really look at. the munber one thing that really makes that stand out is that the interior colors dont match i really think that for how special the car should be they would have painted the steering to match.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
plus that goes for all the other colors that the interior dosnt match the color outside. im not being neggative about the car im just stating the truth. i love the charger just to remind all of you i have had mine since 6/3/05

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
manofsteelCHARGER said:
Steel, you've had yours for a couple of months now, so it's broken in the way you want it to be...give a Daytona owner the same time to break it in and i'm sure the performance would be the same

·
Registered
87 Posts
I guess it's true, Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.
I could not see me owning a charger with out the Daytona paint/decal/grill scheme. The car is just too plain looking. I was one of the people who were really dissappointed with the look of the car. Though I never owned one, the 69 dodge charger was my all time favorite car. The mopar thing really "clicked" with me. The Challenger, Road Runner, SuperBee, and Daytona were really great looking cars. As far as the new one, The go-mango is not my first choice of color, as i would have preferred more orange than copper. But we'll have to see what colors are around the corner. A Hemi Orange, Plum Crazy or Sublime Daytona or a better Blue :wink: with the black hood and spoiler and grill get's my toe's a tingling!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ya know, "Opinions are like A**holes, everyone's got one and they all stink". I would say that pretty much holds true here in this thread.

I just went through quite a bit to get my Daytona, the first in Florida, ended up using my race rig on a journey to get it home in the middle of the night.

I am totally pleased with it, much stouter than my '98 T/A except off the line, something I will remedy. The orange on the center dash matches my outside color so I have no idea what you are referring to? Not to mention the stitching matches and even the floor mats I ordered the embroidery matches, you can lay it right against the paint. Mind you thread and metal and paint are not going to be 100% as they are different media, but give me a break.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow... alot of negativity from you. It only cost about 2K more... base R/T 30xxx, base Daytona was about 32XXX. And for those who get the R&T package the difference is even less.

edward

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dude you cant see that the controls on the steering wheel are steel color and not mango and the rings around the gauges are steel and not mango i mean come on they're right in front of your face foooool. i was never tal;king about the different tones. again i love the charger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i think they could have just got little details like that . and wow not to mention the whole 10 ponys the borla exhaust adds. and yes my sarcastic friend opinions are like a holes and i have every right to tell mine dont get mad cause you had to drive so far to pick up a car that just has decals and a production plate on it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think that interior and every all together is cool. i even love the color but all im saying before all you terds rank on me and my opinion is an a hole caca. it just wasnt that impressing to wait all this time while other people of had their chargers for 2 to 3 months. at least for for just 10 extra pony and a production plate. i have enjoyed cruising every where and every stopps to see my car its awesome.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
MOS, please watch the name calling. He expressed his opinion of your opinion, he did NOT call you a name. Dodge built it the way they wanted to. The interior color is what it is. Just becuase you feel it's wrong that they did not color it does not make that wrong, just not to your liking. Me, I would not want mine that way, to damn trendy, like every damn Honda at Burger King. First thing a 17 yo old does, get a pisscan of Krylon and "customise" the dash panels.

Only the ones that pop off, becuase screwdrivers are hard to use:)

The package carries enough special equipment to justify the cost to buyers. Whats ticking folks off is your tone that becuase it's not to your liking, it must suck. Allow that some folks want and like different things.

Me, personally, I don't give a rats ass about tint, or exhaust sound, or the color around my dash. Or how many damn subs it takes to please you. But I won't say that the R/T sucks becuase it won't go as fast as the SRT. Some folks, all they want or need is the R/T, or the SE, or the Daytona.

Your title, while meant to express your opinion, is really just pissing off the Daytona owners. You have the right to express opinions, yes, but they do to. Including their opinion of your opinion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey troll man i didnt call anybody a name directly. i didnt say the car ever sucked my friend. i just express what i think of the little details. me my self was not impress thats all i dont mean to affend the new daytona owners you know they dont have to read the tread. i was all hyped to see the car yesterday. i stopped every thing i was doing to head out and check out the car and sorry to say troll guy that im just happier with my r/t. and you your self need to watch how you address to people MR. SMART GUY. i didnt ask you in no way what it takes to please me so just gfoh!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Remember the Daytona package is just an add-on marketing scam to sell a few extra units. Thats not a bad idea on dodges part. Whore the names of the past as much as you can to make up for average product. Too bad the engineers are not as good as the marketing staff. Chrysler has some old names still to use(Chalenger,Cuda,Demon,Road runner,GTX).

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
You called him a fool. I'll assume GFOH means to go eff off, correct? How I address people? Like "fool" perhaps? Have you noticed every damn time you post, it gets ugly? Notice a common point in all those threads? I'll address your PM to me later, I have things to do right now, but I will get back to you.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ok, back into your hole now Oldschool. Your credibility has just tanked. Scam? Whore? When you have to resort to those words to support a debate you lose before getting started.

I do not see where the Daytona package is a scam. $2500, what does it get you? It gets you the steering, suspension, and handling upgrades as well as the flow-through exhaust (same as the R&TPP for $1600). Therefore what does the other $900 cover? That would be the paint job, decals, and extra interior touchs. Doesn't see like a scam to me.

Whoring the name. The name is DC's to do with as they see fit for their business plans. Sorry it doesn't agree with your overly emotional attachment to the name, but those are the facts.

If you are trying (but failing) to say that you wouldn't spend that much on those options, thats fine and dandy. To each their own. But to attemp to bolster your position by trying to diminish our opinions and choices using these words just reduces your credibility to near nothing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Steelcharger, in the Charger test drive with Kendall, the did go down the 1/4 with a R/T and a Daytona, they didn't post times, but the Daytona had an easy lead over the R/T.

Just my 2 cents.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts