Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a thought. I have nivomat shocks and I'm going to lower my car with the eibach pro kit on Friday. Instead of replacing them what if I milled out a spacer and mounted them from the top. I didn't pull the shock yet to see if this is possible or not. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Even if the shocks werent nivomat, its stupid not to replace struts and shocks for those of a design for lowered cars anyway> the valving will be off center.
Basically your just attempting to make something work that still isnt gonna be correct when your done so why waste the time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the spacer the valving would dead on center. The drop is 1.9" so the spacer would be the difference of the shock tower thickness. Probably about 1.6 inches.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Not a good idea.
Nivomat shocks have specifically designed coils, they are calibrated and work together as one for correct ride height and ride satisfaction.
A Nivomat coil is basically much weaker than a non Nivomat coil, it allows the wheel to travel farther on bumps so the pump action in the Nivomat can work. Additionally it is softer as the Nivomat provides added support that your Eibach springs don't need.

I would suspect the ride would be very harsh.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll bag that idea. I'm just afraid that eibachs won't hold up to the extra wieght of the stereo(about 100 pounds) and some people in the rear with out sagging.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I had a buddy who had same problem..till he made the Fat Lady with the boom box get outta the car..after that all was well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts