Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I had another post in there somewhere that I started about dyno tuning and I had mention that I knew some guys at SCT (JMS - Johnson Motorsport) that did work personally on my mustang and I sent them an email asking about whether or not they will be trying to get tuners out on SCT for the chargers. I'm going to post his reply here...although it's a BIT vague I'll let you guys make the determination as to what he's saying. In the meantime, I'm going to call him myself and see if I can get a little clarity on it. As soon as I know something I will post it here. For now...here's his reply:

The dodge stuff will be released soon! The charger is one of the ones we will be able to tune!....Thanks for the comments on the magazine and shop...We are glad to finally moved in to the new place. Keep me posted on the charger they are cool cars and should be fairly fast when modded....

Thanks
Monty Johnson

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cool deal!!! Can you see about the vague date (IE. soon) maybe pin them down on an approx release date???Can't wait for this to come out almost like the guys waiting to order SRT 8

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I just talked to Monty on the phone and he told me that they have been working on the software for some time now and testing it on cars already...he said other than having a couple more bugs to work out, he anticipates that it will be done and into production within the next few months...he said for SURE by the time the SRT8 Charger comes out. He also said that even with the 10 to 1 compression on the SRT8 it still wouldn't be a a problem to tune these things safely...he said that they'll be able to tune them just as easy as the mustangs. They ALSO will be able to install the mods with no problem as well...I know there are some people sending their cars to CA to be done right now but Monty said they can install the mods and dyno tune right there in house. So, for those of us in the east and southeast that's great news. Now, keep in mind...this is pretty definite information as Monty does work directly for Chris Johnson and SCT. Monty is one of top tuners for Chris Johnson...so he knows his stuff. If he says it, it's pretty concrete. He also said they will be doing this for the entire Dodge and Chrysler line...not JUST the Chargers. So that's good news all around. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts