Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share the close call I had today with you all.

They were laying some asphalt of the road outside my house today and I was heading out when the one guy driving the bobcat decides there's no point in paying attention. Everyone else saw me coming except for this one idiot who reverses all of a sudden when I was coming up behind him.

So he's coming at me full tilt, I lay on the horn and he doesn't stop. The word Bobcat is so close so fast as the thing barrels towards my Charger. I swear I had less than a second to throw it into reverse and gun it backwards. Good thing there was no one behind me.
If I had moved even half a second slower he would have taken out my front end.

Needless to say when I got around the guy I was screaming and shaking my middle finger out the window, calling him every word that means idiot that I could think of. He just looked at me like he had no idea what was going on. Who doesn't look before they reverse?
Good lord!

Anyway, I've had a headache from the adrenaline rush all day. Thought I would share the trauma with you all.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Those Bobcats are pretty fast. One time a guy was working on a street before it was paved and the manhole covers were raised. He was flying in the thing with the bucket only about 2 inches off the ground and WHAM! He hit the manhole so hard the Bobcat stood up on the bucket, nearly going right over, and then slammed back down on the wheels. Now for the best part- The driver's toupee had flipped over his face and he was just sitting in the cab stunned. Everyone was hysterical for about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Never underestimate human stupidity.

Glad you were able to back up in time and that you and the car weren't hurt!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
WOW! That was close. Sure glad you escaped

·
Registered
453 Posts
An old lady backed her car into my previous car [ford taurus], she didn't do any damage it was at like 1mph. I honked my horn and she slowly looked back with a look on her face that said "what? what's wrong with backing up??".

If she would have hit my Charger I would have had to contain myself and be a gentleman about it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
always look out for the other idiot
glad it came out ok

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yea i had a guy back up into me and it sucked! it didn't cause too much damage, but i honked on my horn soo hard and he didn't do anything and i tried to throw it into reverse, but he ended up hitting me. i was really pissed!...I got all his info and then he said, hey you have a nice car! I was like Yea i do!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Glad you are both ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.