Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost have 10,000 miles on my 07 SRT8, and i've only had 2 oil changes so far. Whats my next maintaince, tire rotation? balance? or anything. thanks.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I almost have 10,000 miles on my 07 SRT8, and i've only had 2 oil changes so far. Whats my next maintaince, tire rotation? balance? or anything. thanks.
Your owners manual will show exactly when the mainteance should be done.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking for my manual, cant find it. BUT THANKS FOR THE HELP

·
Registered
575 Posts
You should have already done a tire rotation at 6,000 miles. But be careful - if you have the Goodyear F1 tires, you have different sized tires in the back versus the front, so you don't want to do back to front tire rotation.

12,000 is your next service - by Schedule "B" and calls for another tire rotation and oil/filter change. Also replace air conditioning filter (if you have that).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the RSA's on all four, is tire rotation covered by the dealer warranty or do I have to go to a local tire shop?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have the RSA's on all four, is tire rotation covered by the dealer warranty or do I have to go to a local tire shop?
I am going in the AM for an oil change. I bring my own Mobil-1 to the dealer, and they charge me $14 for the oil change. The rotation at 6k miles was $29 at the dealer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
No, that's not a warranty item - you got to pay for that. You can have it done at the dealer or at any tire shop.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I am going in the AM for an oil change. I bring my own Mobil-1 to the dealer, and they charge me $14 for the oil change. The rotation at 6k miles was $29 at the dealer.
So since you have the staggered tires you just rotate side to side. What benefit comes from this?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
So since you have the staggered tires you just rotate side to side. What benefit comes from this?
one reason i didnt buy staggered was this.
i never had staggered so when taht awesome buy came on the axis wheels. wheelsstudio called me to offer me staggered or black wheels when the silvers were out of stock.
i asked him about tire rotation on staggered if it was just side to side etc.

he said no.
with staggered you have to do what is called a tire flip.
remove the tire from the rim and flip it on the rim.
inside edge of tire becomes outside edge of tire etc.

dont know if its true or not but one extra cost for rotation of tires i didnt want.

i can do a normal rotation myself.

·
Registered
537 Posts
WOW, 30 bucks for a tire rotation? I walked in to Ken Towry's, no charge and 15 minutes.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Boy I feel like an idiot. I bought my Bee as a demo. It had a hair over 6,000 miles. Apparently my dealership rotated the tries before I bought it. I have 255's on the front and 245's on the rear. Do I need to do anything special to reset tires pressure monitors when I rotate them. I would take back to dealership to get them rotated but now they have me worried.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Boy I feel like an idiot. I bought my Bee as a demo. It had a hair over 6,000 miles. Apparently my dealership rotated the tries before I bought it. I have 255's on the front and 245's on the rear. Do I need to do anything special to reset tires pressure monitors when I rotate them. I would take back to dealership to get them rotated but now they have me worried.
TPMS dont care where they are located.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Cool thanks. That will save me a drive to the dealership. Also lets me know I can run 255's all the way around. That will help with the whole rotation thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts