1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
102 Posts
How do you run that and trap 113mph with just a tune? I don't know much about SRT-8's, but that seems quite fast for a SRT-8 with just a tune.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yeah I don't care how good a driver you are just running a tune and getting a mid 12 second run is hard to believe.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
All these posts with videos of Chargers running on a 1/4 mile track but all they show is the car running down the track and showing there number. Videos are great they show me what I can expect out of mine but if I were to claim these times and also say that I only have a tune or bone stock or whatever I would also pop the hood open and show everyone whats under the hood before I would make the run. Granted there could be some engine work that can't be seen when opening the but hey it sure will back up the posted times and video.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All these posts with videos of Chargers running on a 1/4 mile track but all they show is the car running down the track and showing there number. Videos are great they show me what I can expect out of mine but if I were to claim these times and also say that I only have a tune or bone stock or whatever I would also pop the hood open and show everyone whats under the hood before I would make the run. Granted there could be some engine work that can't be seen when opening the but hey it sure will back up the posted times and video.
I already did that at the track... In fact the hood was open almost the entire time while in the staging lanes.

Next time out (hopefully this weekend), I'll snap some pics/video of it showing the stock intake and exhaust.

In the meantime, please continue to pour on the hatorade. It fuels me!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great run. BTW, I'll be rooting for you on your run with the drag radials. I don't know why so many people on here are doubting him but I've noticed there is almost no wheel spin in any of his videos so I say he is a great driver.

·
Registered
798 Posts
What should he do next, fly everyone in to witness?

I don't get it. He's here on an SRT8 Forum discussing his progress. Providing "Proof", yet people doubt him. And... He's not bragging. He's just telling us, (and showing us) what happened.

Man, I would understand people doubting him more if this was a Mustang/LS1/Import Forum. But, he's here... :knockout: :knockout:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nice run and thanks for posting the vid. You guys also have to understand the track could be slanted a little downhill, he could have a wind at his back, higher altitude ect.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice run and thanks for posting the vid. You guys also have to understand the track could be slanted a little downhill, he could have a wind at his back, higher altitude ect.
You nailed it right on the head... Island Dragway is on a downhill grade, but it's only about 37%. :lol:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
BTW, what about the guy who recently ran [email protected] with just an AFE intake? Or the guy who ran [email protected] in a bone stock 300C SRT-8 back in 2005? They must be lying too, right?
Hehehe probably, I am not hating, actually I haven't even run my car on the track yet so why would I be hating, I would maybe be a little mad if I ran a higher time then you but since I havent I have no reason to hate.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
You nailed it right on the head... Island Dragway is on a downhill grade, but it's only about 37%. :lol:
Exactly see this is why there are so many doubts, everyone that post there times or what not dosen't give us all the information like for example in your situation the downhill grade which would play a major factor for getting a lower time.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Keep the post and video's coming i for one love them and don't worry about the haters. If they think you are lying the should line up with you.
I'm down for it, even though I only have an intake on my car I would be willing to race anyone. As a matter a fact that brings up a good topic I wonder if anyone would be able to coordinate some kind of event where SRT8's, chargers, 300's, dodge or chrysler car could run to find out whos car is faster and shut alot of people up claiming to have fast cars.

All I am saying is if your going to put up a post provide all the information you can so you can eliminate as much as possible any doubts that might arrise especially if you already know the facts like the downhill track why didn't you put that in the beginning of the post? I would think it would have had explained such a low time in you 1/4 mile.

All tracks are different so with a downhill others may have un uphill, the humidity might be high or low which would account for higher or lower times. It really irritates me when people put an intake or headers or exhaust or any small mod and expect to shave off a full or half a second off there times, its redicuolus.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Exactly see this is why there are so many doubts, everyone that post there times or what not dosen't give us all the information like for example in your situation the downhill grade which would play a major factor for getting a lower time.
I think he was kidding. Note the ":lol:" in his answer.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well we don't know if the 37% downhill grade is necessarily the reason for my ungodly times. It could also be because Island Dragway is estimated to be about 4800 feet below sea level. When you drive into Great Meadows on Route 46, there's a little sign that says it's the lowest point in the contintental USA. But 4800 feet below sea level shouldn't really make too big a difference, especially on an N/A car.

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm down for it, even though I only have an intake on my car I would be willing to race anyone. As a matter a fact that brings up a good topic I wonder if anyone would be able to coordinate some kind of event where SRT8's, chargers, 300's, dodge or chrysler car could run to find out whos car is faster and shut alot of people up claiming to have fast cars.

All I am saying is if your going to put up a post provide all the information you can so you can eliminate as much as possible any doubts that might arrise especially if you already know the facts like the downhill track why didn't you put that in the beginning of the post? I would think it would have had explained such a low time in you 1/4 mile.

All tracks are different so with a downhill others may have un uphill, the humidity might be high or low which would account for higher or lower times. It really irritates me when people put an intake or headers or exhaust or any small mod and expect to shave off a full or half a second off there times, its redicuolus.
This was only a thread showing Maggie against an Evo. The original thread I posted with the 12.56 contained all the info including weather conditions, elevation, and density altitude. The link to the thread is in my signature.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts