Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I (finally) ordered a Cat back exhaust for my car-
For those that don't know me, I have tried to maintain a stealthy/sleeper attitude for the car even though I went and supercharged it.
I resisted the Cat-back for a long time, because I liked the stock quiet sound... but I am having heat issues and I felt like the engine was working to hard- so I finally ordered a Magnaflow Cat-back.

Excellent shipping and parts, excellent price. I polished the whole thing with Mothers Wheel before install.

Took me 1.5 hours by myself to swap out the exhaust- so EASY!

I feel like I have made a dent in my underhood heat issues, cooling faster and I can actually put my hand on underhood items for a second (rather than burning myself instantly on the intake or supercharger) so I made a dent in that...

Sound- a little louder inside than I may like long term- but we'll see how it runs after some carbon- outside you can hear exhaust instead of supercharger-- so I figure that is an improvement!
Wife says she doesn't notice a difference- so alls good there.

Unexpected result-- gained 2-3 mpg on a trip I do once a week (so lots of data on usual results.) This is milage of 20 mpg on a hilly trip with a supercharger crusing at 82. These are numbers exactly like before I installed the supercharger. I had dropped to 16-17 mpg on this round trip since install. SO..
IF you are supercharged you really need to do a catback- the stock straight through/ daytona appears to be choking it off..

I am very happy and surprised with my results- next data logging and probably a new dyno tune!!

Here's the pic installed

Here's the stock Road and Track exhaust with supercharger

Here's the Magnaflow installed with Supercharger

:D

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
so u posted the same vid twice Brian? lol, i really cant tell the difference :dunno:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so u posted the same vid twice Brian? lol, i really cant tell the difference :dunno:
you may have caught it early- cuz I did post the same by mistake:slap:- LOL-
had to fix it- try it now :cowsmile:

Differnce outside is a little more rumble with less supercharger whine- bigger difference in the cabin

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
hell yea!!! so my eyes and ears werent deceiving me!!! :rockon:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
She sounds good Brian .... the high flows are finally able to expel all that air now that the rest of the system is uncorked .... great job on the do-it-yourself install too :beerchug: :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hell yea!!! so my eyes and ears werent deceiving me!!! :rockon:
Yeah- sorry about that- having some issues with photobucket- used to be clicking on the image address automatically copied it, now it doesn't :slap:

She sounds good Brian .... the high flows are finally able to expel all that air now that the rest of the system is uncorked .... great job on the do-it-yourself install too :beerchug: :beerchug:
Thanks Gabe! haven't been on as much due to work- but still trying to improve the car!! :beerchug:

Definite difference. Sounds great man.
I have to say I was thinking it was too loud inside at first- but now I am loving it!!!:D

·
Registered
923 Posts
I've had my Magnaflow exhaust over three years now, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Still has that day one clean polish look. I do tend to use Mothers polish once a year for all the car shows I attend too! You'll notice the sound break in A LOT better after about 2k miles or so. Sounds good though with the supercharger!

·
Registered
182 Posts
How many pounds are you boosting?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds good... nice choice:bigthumb:
Thank ya Matey!
Good to hear from you!:D

I've had my Magnaflow exhaust over three years now, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Still has that day one clean polish look. I do tend to use Mothers polish once a year for all the car shows I attend too! You'll notice the sound break in A LOT better after about 2k miles or so. Sounds good though with the supercharger!
I'm already noticing a little difference with 500 miles or so on it so far- I am loving it as well- and now even in the front of the car you hear engine and not the supercharger so much improved!:rocker:

How many pounds are you boosting?
According to the dynotest- round 5.5 max boost... system was rated for 6 pounds but I came up just under.:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay- did some datalogging and found I was getting long term knock from 2000-3000 rpm
I went out tonight and began adding fuel until I didn't get knock- ended up adding 2% more to the 1000-3800 range and no knock!

Is there anything else- I feel like I lost my responsiveness- now rich as a pig below 2000 and just right once boost builds.

I know I need a new Dyno tune- just checking with the AWESOME charger forums first
:beerchug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts