Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from having my MagnaFlow installed today. For those of you wanting a real loud system, this one is not for you. BUT..... for you who want a nice deep growl this is perfect. At just idle no difference from stock system, but get on it, and sound is perfect for me. Definitely louder than stock, but not overly so. This is a sedan remember ? I really couldn't be happier. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Having my Volant CAI delivered next week.

Oh - If you guys want an unbeatable deal on this system, go over to LXForums and find High Horse Performance. Josh is selling these for a steal. Paid $599. for mine with free shipping and no tax. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
732 Posts
naperguy said:
Just got home from having my MagnaFlow installed today. For those of you wanting a real loud system, this one is not for you. BUT..... for you who want a nice deep growl this is perfect. At just idle no difference from stock system, but get on it, and sound is perfect for me. Definitely louder than stock, but not overly so. This is a sedan remember ? I really couldn't be happier. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Having my Volant CAI delivered next week.

Oh - If you guys want an unbeatable deal on this system, go over to LXForums and find High Horse Performance. Josh is selling these for a steal. Paid $599. for mine with free shipping and no tax. PM me if you have any questions.
Not bad, what do the tips look like. If you could post a picture, that would be cool :cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi naperguy
Installed the MagnaFlows yesterday and I agree with you. It has a nice sound and the stainless tips and mufflers really set off my Black RT.

I had the Borla 125's on but they were just to loud for me. The five inch tips looked good though.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you can see from the above pic, the tips are awsome looking. They are rolled and look vented. Really a HOT looking tip. So is the entire exhaust from underneath or behind. Even the guy that did my install was impressed with the MagnaFlow.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I heard the Magnaflow system on a Charger sitting on the dealer show floor. I must say that it sounds awesome. I havent heard the Borlas' yet so at the moment I'm partial to this system. Where did you get it from and how much did you pay. L8R!

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
nice set up and it looks great man!! i had looked pretty hard at this exhaust setup but i was after an aggressive setup.... glad you love it and if you get a chance post some pics man!!!

mshettel - so you didn't like the 125s? they are a very aggressive setup all the way around in looks and in sound.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Now what really sounds bada$$ are the sound clips of the SRT8 systems. Please Dodge gurus....hurry up with that Challenger! or Cuda or whatever the h e double hockeystick car you're gonna come out with. Make it soon!

·
Registered
59 Posts
"so you didn't like the 125s? they are a very aggressive setup all the way around in looks and in sound"

Yea I must be getting old. Back in the 80's when I was in my 20's I had an 83 Z-28, an 86 TransAm, which was stolen, then replaced with an 88 TA. Those cars had the muffler replaced with a straight pipe. Talk about a Winston Cup Car sound, accelerating under bridges and through tunnels was pure joy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Naperguy,
Did you keep the stock exhaust?
If you did you may want to sell it.
I bought the RT with Perf. Group and it's supposed to have the same muffler as the Daytona. I just cut the resonators off and replaces with just pipe. This is a lot loader that my brothers RT with the same exhaust mod. I guess the Daytona straight though muffler would flow better than the standard RT muff.

If you don't care about selling it, could you get a local shop to cut it open and post some pictures of the inside? I think we have all seen the inside of the standard muffler. It would be nice to see a comparison of the two.
________
Volcano Classic

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
mshettel said:
"so you didn't like the 125s? they are a very aggressive setup all the way around in looks and in sound"

Yea I must be getting old. Back in the 80's when I was in my 20's I had an 83 Z-28, an 86 TransAm, which was stolen, then replaced with an 88 TA. Those cars had the muffler replaced with a stright pipe. Talk about a Winston Cup Car sound, accelerating under bridges and through tunnels was pure joy.

never too old but....my dad says the same thing. he says it sounds incredible, but he is too 'old' to have it like that all the time....says it would drive my mom crazy...lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
mshettel said:
Hi naperguy
Installed the MagnaFlows yesterday and I agree with you. It has a nice sound and the stainless tips and mufflers really set off my Black RT.

I had the Borla 125's on but they were just to loud for me. The five inch tips looked good though.

"Had" the Borla 125's.... Did you sell them??? Do you want to sell them???

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i was waiting for someone to jump on that........

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry they're gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts