Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally decided to crawl under the car and figure out what brand of exhaust came on my car when I bought it used a few months ago. It's a Magnaflow, not sure if there are different models, but it looks pretty beefy.

I've got the 5.7L, about what am I getting for HP gain from this exhaust?

·
Registered
207 Posts
when i got mine, it claimed 11 hp, for the 6.1 not sure for the 5.7, maybe the same, give or take. Do you have the full cat back?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really sure, it came on the car. I just now went under there to find out what brand it was.

I was just doing some research to see if I could find the same system for sale online and it seems like all of them have the mufflers way closer to the back of the car than what I have. On my setup the mufflers are just forward of the rear wheels.

·
Registered
207 Posts
then they replaced the "suitcase muffler" with a pair of magnaflow mufflers i would assume, mines the whole catbak, and again, those were the claims, i kind of doubt, youll get 11 hp, but who knows, only a dyno would tell you, with your setup maybe 4-5 hp, well i have the same setup on my z71, i replaced the mufler with two magnaflows, and the muffler shop guy said 4 to 5 hp

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Almost positive its the full catback system... the guys at VIP were raving about it when the car was up on the lift getting the new wheels on.

I'll just go with the +10-11... and adding a K&N CAI on Wednesday that advertises 21HP.

Then a Pred, soon.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Almost positive its the full catback system... the guys at VIP were raving about it when the car was up on the lift getting the new wheels on.

I'll just go with the +10-11... and adding a K&N CAI on Wednesday that advertises 21HP.

Then a Pred, soon.
Ehh, don't read to much into the 21hp gain with K&N FIPK CAI's. You would be lucky if you saw 2 to 3 HP on a dyno after the install. They all seem to make those claims and you really have to understand where they get there numbers (power range) based on dyno results. Even then, they seem a little to good to be true. You'll find hundreds of threads asking about CAI systems with HP gains. I'm happy with my K&N CAI though, has a nice sound pitch to it, for our Hemi, without the over kill.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the K&N more for the sound than the power gain... and I heard it was a good thing to have before a predator, which I may get soon.

I figured 21hp was a best case scenario when I saw how it was listed

21.09hp at 5286rpm... they obviously just picked the spot on the curve with the biggest increase and posted that as the hp gain.

Either way, it is on my doorstep waiting for me and I can't wait to get home today to install it and see what all the hype is about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts