Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Desert Charger & I met up for breakfast this morning and decided to take advantage of the cool temps and film some vids. :rocker:

Here's a side by side comparison of Magnaflow & Flow Master exhaust systems. We were out on a rural road so nobody was hurt during the filming other than a few bugs.:biggrinjester:

Crank up the volume & Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm diggin' the Flowmasters. I love the way they sound after they break in a little bit. Just the right balance between deep rumble and raspy badassness.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
hmmm i do think i prefer the magnaflow~ both sound good though!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm diggin' the Flowmasters. I love the way they sound after they break in a little bit. Just the right balance between deep rumble and raspy badassness.
You hit the nail right on the head, my Flowmaster Exhaust is more "Raspy" and Desertcharger has more of a "Rumble".:rocker: It' like comparing Michael McDonald and Sammy Hagar.......both are bad azz, it's up to the mood you're in.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Excellent!! Nice Job on the Vid!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

BTW-
I love the sound of the flowmasters on 08 Stonedcharger - but for my daily/ distance driving I prefer the Magnaflow's muted rumble.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head, my Flowmaster Exhaust is more "Raspy" and Desertcharger has more of a "Rumble".:rocker: It' like comparing Michael McDonald and Sammy Hagar.......both are bad azz, it's up to the mood you're in.:biggrinjester:
I used to like the rumbling sound, but now that I've had my Flowmaster 40s on for about 3,000 miles the raspiness is really starting to grow on me. The rumble seems to give more of a droning sensation than the raspiness, and you can hear the pitch a lot better when it's not just a gurgling sound. But to each his own; they both sound great! As a matter of fact I have Magnaflow rolled tips on my Flowmasters. That's all they had at the local shop so everyone reads my tips and is like oh Magnaflow that sounds good and I have to inform them that I'm pretty much false advertising. :rolleyes2:

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Which is louder in real life?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Is it better to go with the Flowmaster 44's w/reso delete or get the entire Flowmaster catback?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have the exact same set-up as Desert Charger, and absolutely love the sound with everything combined! It's certainly not an over kill and not as loud as the Flowmaster 40's, but has that nice loud rumble at WOT, and very little noise when just crusing along.

Great video, should help many here, since that's one of the more popular post, comparing Magnaflow with Flowmasters.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it better to go with the Flowmaster 44's w/reso delete or get the entire Flowmaster catback?
It's all up to how loud you like it and if you like MDS! I'm supercharged and I went with non reso because I turned my MDS off and because I like my exhaust noisy. If you leave the MDS on with no reso's you will get a nasty drone sound when MDS kicks on. I think you can leave the MDS on with the Magnaflow system that Desertcharger has and not get too much drone. I would go with the Fowmaster 44's with reso delete and turn your MDS off.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
They both sound dammm god!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
741 Posts
Great Vid of the run's

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have had my flowmaster super 44 without resonators for a week now. I love the sound it has, it has a nice deep rumble, I don't notice any raspiness. It is a single muffler on a 3.5l.

check it out here, the take off sounds great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZk8cJgs3uA&feature=related

1 - 16 of 16 Posts