Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
would you trust maaco to do a 2tone paint job with there best paint?
Just as much as I trust a blind man to drive me around. Heck no if you love or even just like your car.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You'll get what you pay for. I think I've seen on some Maaco comercials some ridiculous price of around $175 to paint an entire car. There's just no way they can do a real quality job for that price.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Are they painting your Charger or matchbox cars?

Either way... I'd go elsewhere and have it done right the first time.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Maaco sucks.......Don't do it.....

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
They can't even do a one-tone paint job right! :eek:

Two-tone would be twice as bad! :yes:

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
^ haha- Yep! Right after the weekly "top speed" thread! :laugh:

·
Registered
707 Posts
maybe i would trust them to paint a spoiler or some sideskirts, but awhole car never. I let them paint my caddy years ago, and it was the worst paint job ever. The doors and the rear bumper were the only thing that looked decent. The trunk, hood, and the top of the car and rear bumper were awful. It had these lil dots/marks all over the car. So i asked the manager what where the lil dots all in the paiint. He tells me, oh its dirt, and their ventilation system isnt good enough to keep all the dirt that may get on the car while painting. He told me i would need to go to a custom paint shop to get a paint job without any dirt in the paint. All i can say was wow, and when you sign the inovice to get it painted, they have somethen in the contract that states their will be imperfections in the paint. Yet they advertise a factory paint job.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
When i wes in the cab bussiness we used them to paint our cabs for $350.00 apeice......terrible paint jobs to say the least. Paint would start peeling in diff places within a weeks time

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
they advertise a factory paint job.
I'm pretty sure the paint was made in a factory... somewhere. They just didn't specify.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
As you can already see, they suck, so don't let them touch anything.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright good answers then looks like im not up for that plan anymore, a guy that i work with used to work there and said he could get me a good deal, ive never dealt with or seen any advertisments from them so i had no idea about there terrible rep.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Aren't all Maaco paint jobs two-tone? No two body panels will match on any paint job...guaranteed!

Oh wait, isn't that like 4, 5, or 6 tone?

·
Registered
617 Posts
My ex's dad had his Firebird painted by maaco...didn't use the top of the line paint they offered, but some of the better. It looks pretty darn good, for a month or two, then it started peeling.

Now on my Dakota forums I used to be part of a guy had his done through them. He someone got a really good deal, but that deal still cost him $2000, and this included a whole new color, the right way. It was beautiful...but I only saw the immediately after pictures, not from awhile after.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts