Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.stockmopar.com/2009-dodge-challenger.html

Before I bought my charger, I was in the market for a challenger when it came out. However, I gave in and bought a v6 for "the time being". Now with what I have in it, I told myself no to the Challenger, with the insurance, and initial sticker price. But for 2009..if a new Charger comes out...I don't think I can control myself....2 doors! Based off the new Challenger's platform! Count me in! Private party sale anyone? :embarrese

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not sure if it is due to my age (21) or what but I do not really like the look of the Challenger. I just don't see someone prefering a Challenger over a SRT-8 Charger other than I guess it will weigh less and be faster? I don't see it as far as looks go though. Just my opinion....

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Not sure if it is due to my age (21) or what but I do not really like the look of the Challenger. I just don't see someone prefering a Challenger over a SRT-8 Charger other than I guess it will weigh less and be faster? I don't see it as far as looks go though. Just my opinion....

i think for the older folk, the new challenger is a near direct replica (in my view) of the older ones...

charger is close, with some upgrades done to it... but the challenger....wow.:)

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I am 21 and prefer the Challenger over the Charger, bassicaly because the Challenger looks like it just rolled off an assembly line in '72.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think it's more a matter of do you like retro or not. To me, the new Charger looks nothing like the older ones. I LOVE it. I like the new Camaro so I must like the new Challenger (cuz they look similar to me). I don't like boring cars. Sporty, muscular, new or old, that's my taste...and I'm 27. :)

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I didn't get the Charger because of the name, it looks awesome and suited my purpose (I need 4 doors). But the Challenger is pure muscle and I might get something like that down the line as a weekend warrior, but my daily driver Charger is beautiful!!!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
How come no spy shots of the 2009 Charger? Has it been dropped?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
http://www.stockmopar.com/2009-dodge-challenger.html

Before I bought my charger, I was in the market for a challenger when it came out. However, I gave in and bought a v6 for "the time being". Now with what I have in it, I told myself no to the Challenger, with the insurance, and initial sticker price. But for 2009..if a new Charger comes out...I don't think I can control myself....2 doors! Based off the new Challenger's platform! Count me in! Private party sale anyone? :embarrese

The article didn't say anything about the Charger having 2 doors. It said the Challenger will have 2 doors. They will share the same platform, but they could very well keep the Charger a 4 door.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I really want a challenger. But I'll have to drive one before I decide if i'll get one. But if I do get one, I am going all the way this time and get the SRT.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I do a lot of talking about trading my Charger, and I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but deep inside I realy want that Challenger. However, I will not settle for a lower engine one. If I get one, it'll be a full blown SRT8.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The camaro looks way better than the challenger..whats up with that rosie from the jetsons look for a taillight?

·
Registered
576 Posts
The camaro looks way better than the challenger..whats up with that rosie from the jetsons look for a taillight?

We stiil don't know what it will look like in production, do we? There may be some last minute modifications to the body, right?

·
Registered
587 Posts
The first Challengers are the LC platform(ie, a modified LX). LY -should- be the joining of all the models in the future.
I've been trying to understand this too. To confirm. The Challenger will be a LC. The LY is will underpin all of them in the future.

Ok, that means it would be a very long wait???????????

LX came out in 2005. Changer in 2006 (correct me if I'm wrong). Japanese brand generally run a shorter 4-5 year cycle. American brands often longer. If the LC is "new," it would make no sense to get replace it with LY after a year or two. Chrysler may run LC for 4-5 years (at best) and then replace all of them LXs at the same time.

Therefore, adding up the years, a New Charger will not be here until 2016, at best?

What do you think?

·
Registered
743 Posts
LX came out in 2005. Changer in 2006 (correct me if I'm wrong). Japanese brand generally run a shorter 4-5 year cycle. American brands often longer. If the LC is "new," it would make no sense to get replace it with LY after a year or two. Chrysler may run LC for 4-5 years (at best) and then replace all of them LXs at the same time.
The LC is a modified LX. Similar the Extended(longer) LX used for some 300s. These ALL go down the same production line. When the LY is ready, it should replace ALL of the LX variations. (the LY takes those LX variations in mind, along with other changes)

This IS subject to change I'm sure. But that is where the "designers" are going.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^^^^^ True. Again, using a Honda as an example where a model will have a life of 4 years. If the LX came out in 2005, and due to be replaced in 2009, then the LC will only have a product life of 1 year (2008). To keep cost in check, Chrysler will run the LC for 4 years.

So when the LC/LX are replaced at the same time, it could be 2012 when we see a new Charger/300/Mag along with a new Challenger.

The point I wanted to make is, if this is true, it could be a long time before we see a NEW Chager/300/Magnum because Chrysler will have to wait for the Challenger to "catch up."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts