Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner's manual for my 2015 Road and Track states 130 foot pounds. That seems kinda high to me. Is this the correct spec? I am getting some black chrome Gorilla lugs and locks and want to torque them properly. Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
The owner's manual for my 2015 Road and Track states 130 foot pounds. That seems kinda high to me. Is this the correct spec? I am getting some black chrome Gorilla lugs and locks and want to torque them properly. Thanks for any input.
The owner's manual is correct.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yeah they significantly upped the torque spec over the years/generations. Most are 110 some early manuals said 100. The steel police wheels take 130 I think but it seems they've upped it for the last year or two so always go with the manual and tighten in a star pattern.

If you don't you might come back talking about warped rotors that aren't really warped :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've been wondering this myself as I switch between steel police wheels in the winter and my 20 chrome clads in the non winter months. Manual for 2014 says 130 however dealer told me 110 is what they torque wheels at. There are supplements floating out there for police wheels which are all over the map depending on year.

I think I will bump torque up as at 110 they do loosen a bit despite what dealer recommends.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Please, please, please, someone with a 2010 Police Manual tell me what the torque spec was for that year. Need it soon and want to stick with manufacturer spec. Thank you. I didn't get manual with car and I've tried online manuals and can't find it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Reactions: ChargerPursuit

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Please, please, please, someone with a 2010 Police Manual tell me what the torque spec was for that year. Need it soon and want to stick with manufacturer spec. Thank you. I didn't get manual with car and I've tried online manuals and can't find it.
As said, from the 2010 factory manuals ..

100 lbs - civilian
140 lbs - police

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Dealer that rebalanced my wheels, must have torqued them to 1,000 ft lbs. I'm shocked that the stupid acorn nuts cover didn't strip loose.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
As said, from the 2010 factory manuals ..

100 lbs - civilian
140 lbs - police

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Dealer that rebalanced my wheels, must have torqued them to 1,000 ft lbs. I'm shocked that the stupid acorn nuts cover didn't strip loose.
Yeah... tighten the lugs to the specs in the manual, NOT to whatever the gorilla with the rotary hammer in the service dept. used! :beerchug:

My '07 AWD was 110 (I think), and also be sure to use a 6-pt deep well socket, not a 12-point!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah they significantly upped the torque spec over the years/generations. Most are 110 some early manuals said 100. The steel police wheels take 130 I think but it seems they've upped it for the last year or two so always go with the manual and tighten in a star pattern.

If you don't you might come back talking about warped rotors that aren't really warped :)
Anyone know what the torque spec is for 07 rt w/ road and track, 20” wheels?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Anyone know what the torque spec is for 07 rt w/ road and track, 20” wheels?
Don't be that lazy it took 3 seconds to pull up a 2007 manual that states 100 ft/lbs.

Reactions: 13Daytona1625
1 - 13 of 13 Posts