Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AEM

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok guys and gals, i know that we had many page discucions on short tube or long tube headers. basicaly ive narrowed my choice to long tube. now the question comes, Which LT headers do you like best? account for performance, does it throw codes, etc? ive compiled a list of header in the poll to vote for your favorite. and please feel free to elaborate on your choice.

personaly i think im going to go for the mopar LT mainly because they dont throw codes. but i still might change my mind depending on everyones input.

thanks

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
aem = mopar. lol

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i thought id did but wasnt sure.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i got the mopars...i just gotta find a shop to put them on...im not doing it myself...ive had them for a while now just sitting in the box.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
kooks sound damned sexy. plus arnt they the only true equal lengths weve got available. ( atleast when i got em that was true dont know whats come out since them). They are beastly,

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i got the mopars...i just gotta find a shop to put them on...im not doing it myself...ive had them for a while now just sitting in the box.
how can you deal with that? id be ripping at the seams to get it done.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
how can you deal with that? id be ripping at the seams to get it done.
well heres the story...i originally bought them a while back when i was going crazy with the credit card...i dont want to put them on myself and i havent found a reputable shop to put them on for me yet...plus i was waiting to do the t-stat, and waiting a bit for the predator to be track proven yet before i make anymore moves with the modification of the car, however, ive just started to pay off the owed amount on my loan for the car so i will own it outright and have the title in my possession very soon so some heavy modifications will soon transpire over the next few months or so... sooooooo with that being said...i think its about time to start charging that card again...but i still have to find a shop to put the headers on...and the dealer isnt even an option...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
id bet theres some nice shops in jersey. i know a couple of the forum vendors are up in the new england area.

scroll down to the local forums and post there, i bet some guys have speed shop experience

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dont knowhere your at here in NJ but around Toms River there is a really nice shop. Why wouldn't you let the dealer install? Cant void your warranty.

·
Registered
183 Posts
do the long tubes match up to the factory maifold connection or is it cut and weld?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
.... the stock exhaust manifold gets removed. and replaced

they match up perfectly to your stock exhaust ports.

not cutting or welding. straight bolted on

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Dont knowhere your at here in NJ but around Toms River there is a really nice shop. Why wouldn't you let the dealer install? Cant void your warranty.
even if they would do it, some will some wont.

they will rob you blind. dealers are gonna look in their fancy lil handbook on the "typical header install hours" and charge you out the wazoo for hours they dont spend on your car and keep it longer than its gonna take em.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kooks sound damned sexy. plus arnt they the only true equal lengths weve got available. ( atleast when i got em that was true dont know whats come out since them). They are beastly,
Any cel? hows the ground clearance on those? i though i heard stories about them possibly bottoming out on speed bumps.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
there is absolutely no reason to go with anything other than kooks or dynatech for our cars. the guys who have gone with mopar just didnt know any better. kooks throwing a cel scared a lot of folks off but that as im sure you know isnt a problem with the diablo out now.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I disagree with NYT. Plenty of reasons to stay MOPAR...they do know our cars best, thats prolly why they don't throw codes from the get-go.

Adding to the list of the higher flowing headers (which for all intents and purposes is better) i would place SLP second.

may sound like a paradox, stating higher flow is better yet still going with MOPAR myself. I just don't know how much better the added flow is vs clearance and code probs?

Mopar is not stainless, they are ceramic coated on the outside only. They are a heavy duty, maybe 12 gauge steel. i do think they should have coated the inside as well to help with the scavenging.

·
Registered
928 Posts
my mopars were coated on the inside.

and whoever said that kooks were the only equal length headers, thats not true, they (and slp) are the only true LONG TUBE headers, the rest are equal length as well.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the reasons the mopars(WHO ARE MANUFACTURED BY AEM..same headers) dont throw codes is because they are more of "mid length" headers. mopar chose them to be sure the flow wasnt TOO high in order to keep that check engine light from popping.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do the SLP's throw codes? I know with the Diablo out that isn't a problem...but let's say one doesn't have a Diablo yet and doesn't want to drive around with the CEL on until he gets one. Is Mopar the only non-code throwing LT header?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts