Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have the LSH ST Charger flasher relay that makes the whole rearend light up when the brakes are applied, and not just the outer corners. Also it makes the center LED's flash top and bottom.

http://www.lshlights.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=11.1005.CHST&eq=&Tp=

My question is before I tear apart the rear, do you think I can catch the wires coming into the trunk to wire this up, to make it work. Or would everything need to be taken down to catch the center piece lights.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the rear taillights? LSH includes instructions on what wire goes where, but they did not provide any other info as far as where to catch the wires at. I would assume since you turn on the parklights and the whole rear end lights up, that you would be able to tie into this where the wiring comes into the trunk before it splits off to go the to center light and the end lights on the trunk.

Vid below of how the flasher part will work. You might have to log into your FB to view.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=1782441244732&set=vb.46672336708&type=2&theater

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one seems interested over here. We are updating on the other forums. Lack of instructions has kept this from being installed, but we have better info now, so by Sunday one of the 2 of us that bought this will have some results hopefully. :D

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^LOL..Spent 2 hours doing that already and got it to partially work. The company was NOT clear on this, and after Jon got ahold of the actual guy that did the install on a police Charger, we now have better info.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2011 or 2012 Charger LSH Rear TailLight Flasher Installed

*Disclaimer* I suck at any kind of write-ups and video *End Disclaimer*​

This is the outcome of the install of the LSH piece into the 2011/2012 rear taillights to make the middle piece function as brake lights too, and also for different patterns of the flasher.

Okay first read through this thread at the below link for the specifics of the wiring, etc. There is quite a bit of info that might answer any of your questions. This was a (2) Sunday ordeal(only time I have daylight due to work) because LSH furnished poor instructions..But Jon finally got ahold of the actual guy that did the install on the police cruiser.

h t t p : / /c h a r g e r f o r u m z . com/showthread.php?t=128900
^^Take out the spaces for the link to work. I guess this is where one forum has an issue with another forum from what I have seen in the years.

The below video shows the whole rear lighting up when the brakes are applied. This includes the middle section. This is with no parklights on. Click on the video to play.

The ends now light up in the middle and the very outside when the brakes are applied. This allows the array to be even all the way around when the middle is lit up. Remember when the park lights are on, the middle will NOT light up as the brake lights, only the ends.

Click on the videos below to see some of the flash patterns. I was really not interested in this part of this, but it is cool and it has different combinations. This is controlled by a switch seperate of the hazards switch, but I am sure you can tie it into the hazards..Then you have a momentary switch to change the patterns. If you are ever on the side of the road, you will for sure not have to worry about being seen. :D

On this first video, the flasher will go steady when you hit the brakes.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^Yea bro..It has many different patterns..There is a write up on it either on this forum or another. One other member got this do and he did an awesome write up. I suck at write ups!

It was a pita thought to figure it all out as it came with basic instructions, and not Charger specific. But we got'r done!

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Can this be wired up to only work on the center array led ring. I would prefer the brake lights or outer parking lamps to be altered from stock working function. I would also like to keep the center array led ring flash to solid with the brakes applied.

At 120+ is best to have the guy behind me fully notice my brake lights and resulting speed decrease. Also looks good on camera review.
You do not have to use the flasher part of this. And for you other question, you will have to Pioneer that road my brother!

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Guess I am not sure what you are after. The LSH does all the different patterns for the flasher. I thought you said you do not want the flasher part? This does all the different flasher parts as in that video, plus the WHOLE array lights up when the brakes are applied, BUT not when the lights are on. You cannot get much better than that IMO.

And you can have sequential turn signals too now if you get that mod! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.