Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which, if any, of the 11 - 14 Chargers have LSDs? I thought it was just the SRTs, but I may be wrong. My Road and Track says 3.06 gears, but does not mention if it is LSD or not. I do believe the '10 Road and Track had the LSD, though. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My understanding is that the 2011-2014 R/T has the LSD. As far as the SRT, some of them do and some of them do not. I think the 2012-2014 SRT has the LSD, but not the previous generation. However, I am not 100% sure of that.

GTO_04

·
Registered
859 Posts
Reactions: GTO_04

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
My '14 Police Package does and has a 2.65 rear gear with the 5.7.

Reactions: GTO_04

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
Anyone know which, if any, of the 11 - 14 Chargers have LSDs? I thought it was just the SRTs, but I may be wrong. My Road and Track says 3.06 gears, but does not mention if it is LSD or not. I do believe the '10 Road and Track had the LSD, though. Thanks.
Andy,

Send me via a pm your vin # and I will get you a VIR and a VIP report and we can find out together!

Before we work on any car we run a vin to verify. Most 09 R/T cars and up do if they have a 3.06 differential, but there are exceptions. ;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
909 Posts
Place your vehicle so one tire is on a loose surface (grass, gravel, etc.) and the other tire is on a hard surface (asphalt, concrete, etc.). Apply both the brake and the throttle at the same time (with traction control off). If both tires spin, you have LSD. If only the tire on the loose surface spins, you have an open diff.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys....thanks for all the responses...appreciate it.

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
Hey guys....thanks for all the responses...appreciate it.
Andy,

I got your vin on the PM and ran a report on it. Got what I needed. What you want to look for is DSA on the sales code sheet in VIR.

What you have on yours is DGJ - 5 speed NAG1, DHD Autostick trans, DMP 3.06 rear gear ratio and DPP 215 MM Rear Axle.

So you have an open differential with a 3.06 gear ratio and 215 millimeter ring gear in the car.

I have sent the entire report over to you at your private email.

Sorry it took longer than what I planned on. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Andy,

I got your vin on the PM and ran a report on it. Got what I needed. What you want to look for is DSA on the sales code sheet in VIR.

What you have on yours is DGJ - 5 speed NAG1, DHD Autostick trans, DMP 3.06 rear gear ratio and DPP 215 MM Rear Axle.

So you have an open differential with a 3.06 gear ratio and 215 millimeter ring gear in the car.

I have sent the entire report over to you at your private email.

Sorry it took longer than what I planned on. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
No way, Brian...that was quick....Thanks. This helps me decide if I throw in a Wavetrac, Quaife or just get the Getrag. What is your opinion, Brian?

BTW, I had to have both seals in the differential replace @ the dealer as they were bleeding precious QB gear lube!! Until then, I eagerly await my ACES IV and PS fluid....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts