Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the possibility of being able to swap to a LS3 Chevy Crate engine? The reason im toying with this idea is the engine is aluminum, 6.2l, can be supercharged and so on...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
How deep are your pockets?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Then that's your answer. It would be cheaper to buy an SRT. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
In theory, it sounds like a great idea. But, it would be much much cheaper to trade in for an SRT8

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
No real info there, just a lot of chatter.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yes agreed, but with that being said the LS3 is just as powerful and lighter and huse huge room for increasing power

So does the Hemi. Sure they're a little more of a challenge to work on, but you can safely squeeze 550-600hp out of this engine on stock internals. For the amount of money and work it would cost to fit an LS3 into your car, you can build the Hemi up nasty.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Blaspheme
Agreed

Just go buy a Chevy then

There is no way that fabricating all the mounts and transmission changes need to make this happen is any cheaper than just putting in a blown 426 hemi!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Hemi > LS engine
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA please tell me that stupid comment is a joke....

OP, the LS3 isn't THAT fast to justify the cost, it'll be cheper to buy a pre-owned SRT...alot.

And my buddies Hemi made 1016rwhp and my buddies LS runs on it with 250 less....

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
This would be very complex to install. If you have to ask, you probably can't do it. The LS3 with computer is around $8k. I am not sure how or if you could mate it with your Dodge transmission. I also doubt you could make the car emissions legal with the LS3. It puts out the same power as the stock SRT engine so the question would be "why?". Perhaps if you had a wrecked charger and a wrecked Corvette and a lot of time on your hands it would be a cool project. But it has no practical applications.

·
Registered
909 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA please tell me that stupid comment is a joke....

OP, the LS3 isn't THAT fast to justify the cost, it'll be cheper to buy a pre-owned SRT...alot.

And my buddies Hemi made 1016rwhp and my buddies LS runs on it with 250 less....
It's my personal preference. I believe the Hemi to be a better engine than the LS's stock for stock. The weight of the cars and getting power to the ground is what can make cars with lower power numbers pull on cars with larger ones. This is why 3.7L Mustangs will give an R/T Charger/Challenger a run for it's money.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
It's my personal preference. I believe the Hemi to be a better engine than the LS's stock for stock. The weight of the cars and getting power to the ground is what can make cars with lower power numbers pull on cars with larger ones. This is why 3.7L Mustangs will give an R/T Charger/Challenger a run for it's money.
Opnion.

I own a Ford and still say the LS motor is an AWESOME line, better then both.

And also because the 3.7 makes as much as the 5.7, 250rwhp is a BIG gap, not 2 seconds either. 11.0 @ 131 vs 9.9 @141 is more then just weight, I understand weight but I also understand 250 wheel. Also, stock suspention LS powered car vs a full suspention car.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Personally, I see it as the automotive equivalent of blasphemy. If you love Chevy so much go buy a Chevy SS.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Although, anyone old enough to remember the early 60s will recall a lot of Model T Fords and Ford coupes being fitted with 392 hemis! The only REAL hemi

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Opnion.

I own a Ford and still say the LS motor is an AWESOME line, better then both.

And also because the 3.7 makes as much as the 5.7, 250rwhp is a BIG gap, not 2 seconds either. 11.0 @ 131 vs 9.9 @141 is more then just weight, I understand weight but I also understand 250 wheel. Also, stock suspention LS powered car vs a full suspention car.
LOL....so you compare a new v6 to a 5 year old v8. Lets compare new to new. And anything that runs [email protected] makes plenty of power, the suspension sucks ass though. You crack me up man. You sold your v6 what? 5 years ago? And you still come back to ***** about Dodge every chance you get.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts