Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, any 3.5er's out there with 22's have lowering springs? I'm running a 265/35/22 tire and I'm looking to maybe lower the car 1.5 in in the front and about 1.75 in the back, or close to that. Any pictures, brands of springs, pricing, complications, and opinions would be much appreciated. THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hey, any 3.5er's out there with 22's have lowering springs? I'm running a 265/35/22 tire and I'm looking to maybe lower the car 1.5 in in the front and about 1.75 in the back, or close to that. Any pictures, brands of springs, pricing, complications, and opinions would be much appreciated. THANKS!!!!
Eibachs will do just about that. You MAY have to roll the fenders for 22s, depending on the rim/tire combo.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Check out my sig. 265/35/R22. With a Pro Eibach kit. I havent had any rubbing issues. I bought the kit from another member for $240 shipped and it cost me $303 to have it installed and aligned.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out my sig. 265/35/R22. With a Pro Eibach kit. I havent had any rubbing issues. I bought the kit from another member for $240 shipped and it cost me $303 to have it installed and aligned.
DAMN Choke, your ride is tight, I see you have the SRT replicas. I have those myself. What was the S/N of the kit for your car?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Not sure why there are two kits for offer but here are some links to Promotion Tuning:
http://www.promotiontuning.com/Merc...40&Category_Code=0507ChargerSuspensionSprings

http://www.promotiontuning.com/Merc...40&Category_Code=0507ChargerSuspensionSprings

That is a pretty good price w/ free shipping + they are a supporting vendor.

Thanks for the referral....

Eibach changes their listings daily it seems... The 3.5L will use # 2876.140 for lowering of the vehicle properly...

Direct Link to Product

As a side note, I will check into the specs on all the Eibachs tomorrow when I get into the office..

James

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I like the wheels, no one around here has the 22's but me, so its pretty cool, also what is S/N? What color is your car ?
S/N = Serial Number. Heres a couple pics of my ride. If i had it dropped about an inch and a half, i think it would look a lot more aggressive.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
S/N = Serial Number. Heres a couple pics of my ride. If i had it dropped about an inch and a half, i think it would look a lot more aggressive.
I really like it, I wanted black bad. Lowering it will greatly improve the look. Go with the Eibach Pro kit, its the best for the buck. 1.5" in the front and 1.9" in the rear.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like it, I wanted black bad. Lowering it will greatly improve the look. Go with the Eibach Pro kit, its the best for the buck. 1.5" in the front and 1.9" in the rear.
You sold me on it Choke. I think I'm gonna wait till after winter, taking off the 22's so the salt doesn't mess them up. But when spring comes, its Eibachs, drilled & slotted rotors, and painted calipers. Thanks for the help Choke!

·
Registered
56 Posts
x2 on all the above. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit with 22s and have absolutely no rubbing issues with the 265/35s.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Eibachs, with 22's here. The install is so very easy. Just remember to disassemble the rear shock and remove the internal bump stop, cut a ring or two off of it and replace it. Without doing this the shock will most likely bottom out and feel rough over bumps.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I dont see how an allignment would change the distance between the upper ball joint and the tire. The ball joint is always going to be the same distance from the center of the hub no matter what you do. The only thing that can change the distance btween the top of the tire and the ball joint stud would be the over all hieght of the rim tire combo.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I dont see how an allignment would change the distance between the upper ball joint and the tire. The ball joint is always going to be the same distance from the center of the hub no matter what you do. The only thing that can change the distance btween the top of the tire and the ball joint stud would be the over all hieght of the rim tire combo.

I agree with you sir but the Eibach Alignment kit is a complete replacement upper control arm and shorter ball joint shaft.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ah did not know that! I really dont see a need for it tho unless you were going to go bags. With 22 and lowering springs my wifes car alligned right out, and really that ball joint stud isnt going to hurt anything. It cant get any closer just as it cant get any further. I would like to hear from anyone who has installed the allignment kit tho. For the record I meant no offense in any of these two posts( I am always afraid my posts come across as codesending).

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ah did not know that! I really dont see a need for it tho unless you were going to go bags. With 22 and lowering springs my wifes car alligned right out, and really that ball joint stud isnt going to hurt anything. It cant get any closer just as it cant get any further. I would like to hear from anyone who has installed the allignment kit tho. For the record I meant no offense in any of these two posts( I am always afraid my posts come across as codesending).
No worries I thought you hadnt seen the item and just didnt understand what I was saying... We have sold several sets to customers using a coil over setup only, never to spring only install thats why I was asking if anyone on springs and 22s has used them and seen any improvement.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm looking to get some Eibach's. I think they are a great brand and I had them on my last car. the ride was great. How many people can you get into your car though before you start rubbing? That is my main concern.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts