Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 charger RT and wanted to see what people used when lowering their charger? And always if expierenced any negative things while just installing springs?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have a 2017 charger RT and wanted to see what people used when lowering their charger? And always if expierenced any negative things while just installing springs?
A bit of advice...lower the car before buying rims and tires....otherwise the car sometimes cannot be lowered
due to no tire clearance.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was going to go the lowering route, until I realized that I can get adjustable coli overs for a little more. I was worried about what was said above, so I'll just wait (for the stimulus money), and get the upgrade. This way, I can lower it more for the track, and raise it for winter.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I was going to go the lowering route, until I realized that I can get adjustable coli overs for a little more. I was worried about what was said above, so I'll just wait (for the stimulus money), and get the upgrade. This way, I can lower it more for the track, and raise it for winter.
Some people get airbags for a quicker height adjustment at the track and at car shows. Adjustable coilovers screwing/unscrewing takes forever. Generally, lowering the amount needed for track day will require a toe-in change whether adjustable coilovers or airbags.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I just looked them up, and they're $2200 a set!
The price for convenience of adjustability........lowriders are willing to pay the price
and a whole lot more for adjustability. All my cars have had careful measuring and springs that are set
for a certain height, and I don't change from that height.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts