Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Not that I've seen, but it's not hard. In the rear, the strut and spring are separate. You're supposed to drop the rear cradle to replace the springs in the rear and if you're doing it yourself, that is by far, the easiest way to do it. For the fronts, once you remove the strut, you simply remove the top hat and swap them. Spring install is EXTREMELY straight forward. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
NO need to drop the whole cradle. Just remove the bolts that hold the shcoks in place...lift the rear and the springs will fall out.

I love my Eibachs!! they ride so nice and are not much stiffer than factory

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you're up on a lift, I would say you could do that. If you're in your garage/driveway, it's hard to get the leverage to get that spring out. But, I see your point. You really DON'T have to drop the entire cradle. Personal preference I suppose.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
If you're up on a lift, I would say you could do that. If you're in your garage/driveway, it's hard to get the leverage to get that spring out. But, I see your point. You really DON'T have to drop the entire cradle. Personal preference I suppose.
In my driveway I lifted the rear with the factory jack pint and allowed the suspension to sag...remove the shocks and replace springs and nivomats. The rear was so much easier than the frnt :bigthumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts