Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what lowering springs are being used on the charger? been looking all over and can't find anything but the mopar 1" drop..is there anything lower than that? i am keeping my 18" rims and tires...like the way they look just want to put it down a little. any websites would be appreciated!

thanks,
scott

any picks with lowered/tire size also appreciated

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
http://www.lildevilmotorsports.com/index.php
Click the contact button and ask Rodney for a price since he has not updated his site yet... the part number I belive you are looking for is 2876.140 but ask Rodney to confrim this for you...

Tell him Marshall sent ya...

I have been buying from Rodney for 2 years and have never had anything but exceptional service... even if it is not listed on his site... he can get pretty well anything that is out there...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a charger forum, but I have a magnum. I want to get drop springs but no one can give me a straight answer on this. i have the trailor package( not by choice, it was on the car on the lot) the trailor pkg has the automatic load leveling system..... will drop springs cause this to malfunction and raise the rear back up to stock height after the springs are installed??? is there any way to disable that? bypass the sensors?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yourbabysdaddy said:
I know this is a charger forum, but I have a magnum. I want to get drop springs but no one can give me a straight answer on this. i have the trailor package( not by choice, it was on the car on the lot) the trailor pkg has the automatic load leveling system..... will drop springs cause this to malfunction and raise the rear back up to stock height after the springs are installed??? is there any way to disable that? bypass the sensors?
sorry man but i have no idea...have you tried over at www.lxforums.com...lots and lots of magnum guys over there and they are very knowledgable (did i spell that right)

anyone have camber issues with lowering their charger...looking to go 2" on the 18" stock rims.

will i have too much negative camber or should it be alright. appreciate the help.

godaddy

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not sure if this is new news, but I was talking to my DC parts manager today and Mopar is coming out with some suspension parts and mods, one of which will be a lowering kit. In addition I guess there will also be a header kit coming out soon.
I'm getting the Mopar catback and cai mods soon. I guess one of the sales guys added it to their charger and he's getting 2mpg more along with increased hp and torque(no numbers given). I guess one benefit is they add those part numbers to your VIN and you get the catback and cai added to your 3/36 warranty.

·
Vendor
789 Posts
yourbabysdaddy said:
None of the springs on the market are applicable to the LX's with the load leveling shocks. What would happen if you put the lowering springs on is that the shocks would become loaded or what I consider overloaded and this would put unneeded strain on them plus it would cause your rear end to sit considerably higher. If you plan on lowering your LX that has load-leveling shocks on it (which definately are not a cheap option), my suggestion is to replace the shocks with either a non-self-leveling shock or you will need to move the shock location the same distance you plan on lowering your car. I haven't played around with the LX's shocks to see if something like this is feasible, but there are ways of easily adjusting the upper mount on the shock so that it will still work. Here's a link of how it's done on another shock. I suspect that you can do the same thing to these cars.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/lowercts/

Thanks!
Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm going to asume that the Eibach 1.6 front and rear or a 2" drop kit or H&R spring 1.8 front 1.6 rear will fit the Charger. If you go lower than 1.6 you will have camber issues, but there will be a camber kit available in January. You can also go with the KW coilover suspesion which will allow you to adjust the hieght and the damper (ride quality). This is the best system availble, IMO for daily driving. The ride is amazing, but you will have to use a camber kit when availbe if you want to lower it 2" or rotate the tires often.

·
Vendor
789 Posts
Hey fatchance! Good to see you over here.

I'm not sure exactly why it is, I assume it's due to the differences in the spring rates, but the springs that are made for the Magnums and 300C's are different that those made for the Chargers. Hotchkis has released their kit for the Chargers that don't have the load-leveling shocks and Eibach should have their ProKit out real soon for the Chargers which are rated at a 1.5" Front and a 1.9" rear drop. Eibach under-rates their springs a little bit, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the actual drop was even more. With the Pro-Kits, you should be fine with increasing your wheels up to about a 20" rim but beyond that you are looking for issues with rubbing. I haven't seen any info on the Sport Kit's for the Chargers just yet but I would assume they should be out within the next couple of months.

·
Registered
151 Posts
HighHorseman,

The Eibach kits you were talking about will they also work on the SE and SXT with the 3.5 V-6?

Been trying to find a 1.5" kit to lower my SE, I have R/T 18" wheels and tires on it. Thought it would look good with about a 1.5" drop.

I have contacted Ground Force to see what they offer because I have one of their kits on my Quad Cab Ram. At this time they don't offer anything but it is in the works.........

·
Vendor
789 Posts
The V8 Charger springs will fit the V6's but I don't have the actual drop measurements for the V6's. They will be slightly less than the V8's but my guess is only by about a quarter of an inch or less. On the V6's, you'll still get about a 1.2" front and 1.5" Rear drop from the Hotchkis' and Eibach says 1.4" front and 1.7" rear for their ProKit when it appears.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK, so I am going to try a solution to lowering a Charger with rear load leveling shocks. I just bought, and installed a set of 22" TIS01 wheels, with 265/35 Perelli Scorpion tires. I had to put a 3mm spacer on the fronts because they would rub the inside of the upper a-arm when turning the wheel in reverse. If you look at these R & T equipped cars from the side, the front looks higher than the rear, and I don't mind how the rear looks as far as height with the load leveling shocks. SO, I am going to install a set of Mopar 1" drop springs on JUST THE FRONT, and see how that looks. I am guessing this might work, because the front could use an inch to match the stock rear height. Has anyone tried this? I know it won't look slammed, but I think it will definitely look better. I will post some pics when it is done.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Has anyone done this yet? Does it work? I want to try it, but don't want to try if not worth the effort. Are there any 1" lowering spring kits out there right now?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mopar springs drop 1" dano

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have an 3.5L SE Charger w/ 18" SXT wheels with the Hotchkiss lowering springs? They say 1.25" drop front and rear. Just wondering what it would look like with the 18" SXT wheels? How about handling? Was comfort sacrificied?

·
Registered
58 Posts
whatsurdream said:
First of all, I have to say your ride looks sweet! But, us guys with the R&T package would have to get rid of the rear shocks, which, by the way, cost about $350 a piece. Stock shocks are about $80. All I am trying to do is find a happy medium of lowering the car while not having to give up those rear shocks, which really do a good job with ride quality and handling. I will also say this though, if I can't find this happy medium, I will bite the bullet, yank those rear shocks out, and slam that bad boy down to about where your car is. Those shocks will be on eBay to the highest bidder!

·
Registered
8 Posts
whatsurdream....or anyone else who might know, ive looked at eibachs website recently and found that they only show the pro-kit for the charger, is there a sportline out and did this improve the ride of your car or have any negative effects in your opinion. i am lookin to drop mine but not sure what to get, any suggestions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
nbjczk71 said:
First of all, I have to say your ride looks sweet! But, us guys with the R&T package would have to get rid of the rear shocks, which, by the way, cost about $350 a piece. Stock shocks are about $80. All I am trying to do is find a happy medium of lowering the car while not having to give up those rear shocks, which really do a good job with ride quality and handling. I will also say this though, if I can't find this happy medium, I will bite the bullet, yank those rear shocks out, and slam that bad boy down to about where your car is. Those shocks will be on eBay to the highest bidder!
I still have my stock shocks. I drove it to Vegas a few weeks ago during the SEMA show and I never bottomed out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts