Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wanted to get the inputs from others and maybe some pointers. i know that i am going to lower my car when i get rims, but i cant decide between 22s or 24s. i really want 24s but dont want to have to do abunch more extra stuff like grinding and spacers and all that to get them to fit. thanks in advance.

Zach

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just make sure you get the proper offsets so you wont have to pull your fenders or get spacers...

All spacers do is compensate for getting a wheel with an offset not as aggressive for the car...

Offset = Backspacing

·
Registered
871 Posts
Just get the 24", you won't regret it. Spacers were used in the 24" infancy cause there wasn't a whole lot of options when it came to widths and offsets. Now you have a whole lot of different widths and offsets to play with. I drop all the cars I work on with 24" on Eibach Pro-Kits. I have never had any problems at all. Here are a couple pics of the last car I did.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
that 300C drop top is Sick! great job on that by the way man!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok that sounds good. what offset do you prefer or are running. my mom has a 300c and wants a convertable. did u do that or do they have that as an option now?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I do the convertible work. The offset depends on the width you would like to go with. Most wheels are either 9-9.5 and have a 15 offset. The only real choice is what tire you would like, 255/30 or 275/25 up front. Grinding more for the 255 than for the 275. All up to you.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I just did my first set of 255/30's on a Magnum. The wheels were 24x8.5" Milanni Blizzards, and the 275 fit like complete ****. I honestly, personally didnt like grinding that much off of the nut. I would like more tire, but to me its not worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts