Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first, I just put a set of fresh 255/45/20 rubber on my charger and now I need to lower it to get rid of that awful wheel gap. With that said, I have been looking at Eibach lowering springs only to find they have soo many different sizes (1.6 and 1.7, 1.7 and 1.8) so I have no idea which ones will work best to achieve the best lowered look with minimal rubbing and negative camber. What do you think is the lowest I can go with the 255/45's?

Secondly, help me understand the dynamics of negative camber. I'm interested to learn more about when you start to get it and what causes it? I hate negative camber so I need as much info as possible as to make sure I don't have it if I dont have to.

·
Registered
478 Posts
any action of lowering your car is going to cause negative camber - the more you lower the more negative camber. Also these cars do not have any adjustment for camber from the factory. I had a 2017 Daytona 5.7 that I lowered with mopar stage 1 lowering springs and got about 1.25" drop in the front and closer to 2" in the rear. This created negative camber at all for wheels. I also don't like negative camber so I bought and installed camber bushings on the rear and for the front I got spc adjustable ball joint upper control arms. When all said and done the car looked great but what turned out as a "oh I will get lowering springs and have a nice not too expensive drop" ended up a lot more expensive than I had thought.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Always best to lower the car first, then choose rims/tires that will allow front wheels to turn.
Buy rims first and then tires pretty often won't allow a lowered car to turn.

1.5 " is about right for street lowering.

Around 2 degrees neg camber in the rear is about right,
1.5 degrees neg camber is about right in the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts