Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please supply feedback if you have dropped your R/T. Which springs did you use and did you drop it an inch or an inch and half. Are there any clearance issues or install issues that you have discovered. did you have to change out the stock shocks? Thanks in advance for your feedback. If you have pics that would be great.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Please supply feedback if you have dropped your R/T. Which springs did you use and did you drop it an inch or an inch and half. Are there any clearance issues or install issues that you have discovered. did you have to change out the stock shocks? Thanks in advance for your feedback. If you have pics that would be great.
Rob, do you know if you have Nivomats on your car?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went by your shop on wednesday and you were out. I asked your guys to see if I had those on my car but they said you take care of the performance cars and would not no what they were looking for. The dealer says I do not have self leveling shocks in the rear.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Then you have Nivomats,

I'm on 'vacation' this week, just got back last night from SEMA, and they were right, i handle all of the performance applications.

If you have Nivomats on your car and try to lower it you will be very unhappy when you go over 'undulating' bumps, as the rear shocks will pump up and the rear will get very stiff.

We learned this the hard way by installing a lowering set on a Daytona for a friend of mine, car sat well, but when you drove it the rear would raise up and become a problem. I put the OE springs back in his for temporary until the rest of the parts are ready to go.

The entire line is either ready or will be in 6-8 weeks. We should have everything by xmas.

I'll be back on Monday

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hotchkis springs

I put the Hotchkis springs and sway on my car it dropped it about 2". You have to trim the bump stops. I have to go slower over speed bumps etc. I do like the way it looks but I think I will go for the adjustable coil overs to get a little more height

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would NOT recommend cutting the bump stops on these, they are designed well, and cutting them will not only hamper their function, but also create bits of the foam to flake off and damage the seal on the struts/shocks. It works like sand paper and kills the seals.

Either do not cut it, or use one that is designed shorter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts