Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody. im going to be getting some 22 soon and am going to be lowering my car a lil. now when i want to lower it all i would need is lowering springs? or do i need to get Lowering springs and change the shocks as well? im thinking of the droping it about 1.25 inch in the front and back with the hotchkis lowering springs. thanks

·
Registered
871 Posts
I lowered my 3.5 when I got my 24" 37,000 miles ago. I didn't change my shocks and they are still working perfectly. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I lowered my 3.5 when I got my 24" 37,000 miles ago. I didn't change my shocks and they are still working perfectly. Don't worry about it.
dam 3.5 on 24. . now thats a slumper. . did you have to roll the fenders?

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you lower the rear be sure that you don't have the nivomats installed. If you install a lowering spring with the nivomats you will get a very uncomfortable ride in the rear when the nivomats pump themselves up.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nivomats? i have no idea. i have stock whatever that is. any R/T's have nivo mats? i do NOT have the R&T.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i do not have a tow package

·
Registered
531 Posts
then you 'most likely' do not have nivomats,

Nivomats are self leveling shocks originally made for trucks in europe and adopted by cadillac. They are not a performance shock by any means,

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so does that mean i can just lower it without getting new shocks?

·
Registered
531 Posts
you can, but it's still a good idea to replace the shocks and struts with others of a higher dampening rate, the stock units will tend to bottom out easier, possibly damaging the bump stops, struts, or mounts.

·
Registered
708 Posts
so does that mean i can just lower it without getting new shocks?
I can't speak for this specific car, as I have not lowered mine. I did, however, lower my 06 Chevy Solverado last year using the "Eibach pro kit" whcih was basically just shorter springs. My tie rods went out within 8k miles. I will never lower a car again with only the shorter springs. If I was you I would do coil overs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
lol, ya, I get that a lot.

Seriously, you will get to know me over time, I don't BS people, I tell it like it is.

We won't have our shocks available for about 6 weeks or so so i'm not quite selling something yet, lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
lol, ya, I get that a lot.

Seriously, you will get to know me over time, I don't BS people, I tell it like it is.

We won't have our shocks available for about 6 weeks or so so i'm not quite selling something yet, lol

Are you guys gonna make any claims as being better than KW's, other than offering the bushings as well? I have the KWV2s installed...can your bushings be used with these?

Thanks
Mangoman.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Are you guys gonna make any claims as being better than KW's, other than offering the bushings as well? I have the KWV2s installed...can your bushings be used with these?

Thanks
Mangoman.
The KW's are a very good setup, though if i believe they are quite pricey for just stocks and struts.

our bushings will work just fine with them

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The KW's are a very good setup, though if i believe they are quite pricey for just stocks and struts.

our bushings will work just fine with them
no hurry here. im guna get my new rims for christmas so ill be looking for the lowering in January. what are you guys going to be offering to fit the needs of what im looking to do?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think we're going to be looking at about 1" drop, waiting on a bit of data on a few cars to give a more definitive measurement.

Struts and Shocks will both be available by then.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts