Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just to let you know, it will ride much harder, especially if you have rims over 18's. Although i sacrifice the ride for the look, it looks great good luck. Also i wouldnt suggest intsalling them yourself, i tried myself and its quite difficult, much different the the RWD models. Take it to a shop, he should charge one hour of work.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Be careful, Tire Rack originally sent me springs for a RWD Charger ... in their database it doesn't make a difference whether the car is AWD or not ... this will lower the car a lot, something about 2.5"

I'm having some very slight scraping issues now (my chin spoiler mainly but I did hear my exhaust scrape once while leaving a parking lot which almost had me high-centered), and I ordered and installed the kit which they list for a 2006 Chrysler 300c AWD, which lowered the car about 1.5-1.7" front/rear

Also, plan on having an alignment done right away .. the shop which installed my springs said that they have to loose up all the control arms to take out any pre-load onto the bushings and tighten them back up on a drive-on lift with the weight of the car sitting on its suspension. Not doing this can lead to cracked and/or broken bushings which would not be warranty because of the aftermarket springs, never mind the noise you'd hear.

Hope I didn't scare you into NOT doing this mod ... the car really begs for it and will drive completely 100% better / flatter, just be sure you're getting the kit you want.

RWD Charger kit part # : 2876.140

AWD Charger kit part # : 2879.140

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The springs cost $255 from TireRack. They don't have them in stock but are expecting a shipment in, so I should have them in a week or so.
Gabe, based on your posts I went with part #2879.140. They did try to sell me part # 2876.140 stating that they are Charger specific. I plan on getting Foose Nitrous (20's) after the winter.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I recieved my springs a couple of day ago. Funny thing is, nobody wants to do the install ! Not even the Tirerack recommended installers. The one place that will do it tells me they have never done it before but they will charge me like 450.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I had mine done at a shop which specializes in truck suspension lifts and other truck build-ups .... I asked the owner if he had any experience with AWD cars, he said they did springs on Quatro Audi's and other cars and while I was there they were doing a full suspension on a mid-90's Mustang GT so I felt comfortable with them.

Problem came when it was time to pay for the job .... what he originally quoted at $240-$300 he tried to charge me $425 because it took a tech and a half (helper kid) about 4 hours to complete the job. I ended up paying him $375. And then they said that I HAD to get a alignment right away because they could clearly see where the bolts didn't line-up anymore with the previous settings (especially visible in the front struts) so that was another $70.

The rears looked like a huge pain in the butt, the fronts were just standard struts so they looked easy and didn't take a long time to do.

I'm glad I waited while they worked on the car ... it allowed me to "supervise" the install :D

I guess my advice would be to track down local shops which modify vehicles / trucks for a living and see what they can do for you.

Good luck, you'll love it when it's done.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
You should check out Pedder's Suspension. We should get all the info next month. Lots of R&D into the suspension. Better than SRT or why make it.

http://westfield-et.com/
Hey Bob,

How are ya? Is Rob ready for the SEMA show? Are you going? Can't wait for the Pedders suspension for the LX cars.

Gary

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Bob,

How are ya? Is Rob ready for the SEMA show? Are you going? Can't wait for the Pedders suspension for the LX cars.

Gary
Hey Gary,
Doin well..Rob is going to SEMA, but I will not be. I have to much work to do. I can't wait to see the suspension kits either. Should be big improvement. Just bought my snows and rims. I wish I could garage it, but I think those days are over. :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.